Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 08:50 AM   #121
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Viper_Storm Send a message via MSN to Viper_Storm
Re: Re: Superchargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92zcamaroperson
That would be my doing sorry. But hey horsepower is horsepower. What people do to their cars when they get them and put all that gay stuff on them is a different thing. I just think its interesting what a turbo does to those things.

But back to the topic. Prochargers seem to be the way to go as far as simple bolt up power. They seem to be very efficient in making ample power. A turbo would just be friggin sweet, but I wouldnt mind a procharger either. But the cost just gets crazy. I want to know what these guy do to their engines to get 23-26 mpg and come out with around 400hp. I read an article about a guy building a 383 with a tpi setup in an iroc. Real nice motor. Got 26 mpg! Is that what dyno tuning does for you? Maybe thats the secret. I love power but I cant build a motor that will give me crap for gas mileage. 16-17 mpg is bad enough for me................................................ .................................................. ...................................
....................i want a turbo.......
in the procharger book i sent away for there is this car with 2300hp and it gets 26mpg... now i think i should be able to get 24 even 25 with 1000hp at the wheels with the aps tt set up, but i dont know how to get the bang with mpg... it sucks, someone needs to shed some light on how they get those 26mpg with 2300 f-ing hp

Money talks, But all mine ever says is Goodbye
~Viper

"twospirts" / "TS" - Definition: Obsolete
Viper_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #122
Viper_Storm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Viper_Storm Send a message via MSN to Viper_Storm
Re: Superchargers

the more and more i think about it, the more and more i want more like 1500 hp at the wheels and like 27 or 28 mpg

Money talks, But all mine ever says is Goodbye
~Viper

"twospirts" / "TS" - Definition: Obsolete
Viper_Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #123
Rally Sport
Is eating.

Send a message via AIM to Rally Sport Send a message via MSN to Rally Sport
Re: Re: Superchargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92zcamaroperson
I read an article about a guy building a 383 with a tpi setup in an iroc. Real nice motor. Got 26 mpg!
I read that article, it was in a Camaro performance or whatever, ITS A CAMARO mag. but anyways, it was a red Iroc and had the 383 stroker that was pushing 390HP if I remember right. it was sexy.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions