-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod Post topics for any "Works In Progress" Muscle Car-Hot Rod vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Mrak Mrak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Mrak
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Finnaly opdate...

The rims are perfect for this car, good choice. Looks just like one of the cars from Chip Foose. Should look great in silver with red pinstripes...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 PM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrak View Post
Looks just like one of the cars from Chip Foose.
Mrak....Thank you, this is the nicest complement that anyone could give me. I say this because I am a big hot rodding fan and I have always wanted to do it professionally. To tell me that this could be as nice as a Foose design leaves me speechless because he is my biggest idol. So thank you once again for this big complement.


__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
stump's Avatar
stump stump is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 799
Thanks: 48
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via MSN to stump
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Aah !! Spidey, you know I'm tagging along on this one...
LOVE the choice on wheels mate....I've been and checked them on SP website...I can see I'm going to need some of those..

And hey, don't worry if it takes time cause you don't get much chance to work on it.....GREATNESS takes time..

Bookmarked !
I'll just hang around waiting....when you're ready mate.
__________________
Hello, I'm Greg. I'm an Aussie and a compulsive model starter... http://public.fotki.com/Greg5000/

Currant builds...
1:12 Datsun Z432R
1:12 Datsun OS-Giken
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stump View Post
Aah !! Spidey, you know I'm tagging along on this one...
LOVE the choice on wheels mate....I've been and checked them on SP website...I can see I'm going to need some of those..

And hey, don't worry if it takes time cause you don't get much chance to work on it.....GREATNESS takes time..

Bookmarked !
I'll just hang around waiting....when you're ready mate.
Thank you sir, that means a lot coming from such a skilled modeler as yourself. Glad to see that I have your interest, but dont just sit there waiting....dont you have some beautiful Z that you need to be building.....


__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
prortiz80's Avatar
prortiz80 prortiz80 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 295
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to prortiz80 Send a message via Yahoo to prortiz80 Send a message via Skype™ to prortiz80
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

I might have spare parts of this kit i found in a garage sale.... if you want them let me know... we see ifwe can work something out....ill see if i post some pics
its a kit i know i will never get too jut sitting in spare part box....not sure if its 100% all there but we can see
__________________
http://s1.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=55804 opcorn:
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-29-2009, 06:07 PM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by prortiz80 View Post
I might have spare parts of this kit i found in a garage sale.... if you want them let me know... we see ifwe can work something out....ill see if i post some pics
its a kit i know i will never get too jut sitting in spare part box....not sure if its 100% all there but we can see
Thats very nice of you, i could always use spare parts. Send me a PM and let me know.


Thanks
__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-29-2009, 06:50 PM
subway80 subway80 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 16
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Nice wheel choice. How do they mount? Male or Female?
__________________
Stew
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 07-30-2009, 01:52 AM
Mrak Mrak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Mrak
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyman View Post
Mrak....Thank you, this is the nicest complement that anyone could give me. I say this because I am a big hot rodding fan and I have always wanted to do it professionally. To tell me that this could be as nice as a Foose design leaves me speechless because he is my biggest idol. So thank you once again for this big complement.


Thanks! I'm glad you like the comment. I'm still in search for my model...


Maybe if you try to contact him by email what he thinks and also give you a tip abuot the color scheme. Probably stupid idea, but you never know...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-02-2009, 05:10 PM
willdecletjr's Avatar
willdecletjr willdecletjr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

i would like to know who you purchased your wheels from. i would love to get a set.your project is probably my favorite wip i've seen in a long time. i love thos ol skool pick ups,especially after being foosed !
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-06-2009, 05:52 AM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by subway80 View Post
Nice wheel choice. How do they mount? Male or Female?
Thanks, the wheel is the male end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdecletjr
i would like to know who you purchased your wheels from. i would love to get a set.your project is probably my favorite wip i've seen in a long time. i love thos ol skool pick ups,especially after being foosed !
Thanks, I ordered the wheels from Mike over at Scale Productions.



__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-08-2009, 11:16 AM
bigbertha bigbertha is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 244
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Looking good, it's obvious that you've put a lot of effort in to making it sit straight. I like the wheels.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-09-2009, 02:22 PM
willdecletjr's Avatar
willdecletjr willdecletjr is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyman View Post
Thanks, the wheel is the male end.



Thanks, I ordered the wheels from Mike over at Scale Productions.



can you post a link to mike at scale productions. i can't seem to find it. i would really like to get a set. any info address,phone no. or website. thank you in advance, Will.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Twowheelsrule Twowheelsrule is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 540
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

http://www.scaleproduction.de/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-09-2009, 09:15 PM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Thanks Twowheels!!!



__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-22-2011, 10:14 PM
spideyman's Avatar
spideyman spideyman is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 181
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1950 Chevy Street Truck

Hey everyone,
So who here still remembers this build of mine?
Lol, yes I am still working on this one here and there. Not much of an update to give you guys but something none the less....
Well for starters, I decided to go with another engine. Its still a Big Block Chevy with all the same goodies, except this one has nicer details and fits a little better in the engine bay. I also finished scratch building my new valve covers and made a mold of them. Now I know that they look a little ruff, these were just some samples that I made to see how they will work out. The finished ones will look better...




I have also FINALLY gotten the cab to the point that I can spray primer on it. If all goes well, only a little more work on that and the cab will be ready for paint!!! :-P Once thats ready, I will start work on the bed though....



Well there you have it, just a little blast from the past. Hopefully I will be able to give closer timed updates in the future....

__________________
"Artificial intelligence is no match for human stupidity."




Current builds:
1950 Chevy Street Truck: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=953839
Supra Drifter (FINISHED): http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...66#post6109966
1966 Volkswagen Beetle "Showroom Stock": http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=967968
1/12 Datsun 240Z: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...90#post6415290
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Muscle Car / Hot Rod


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts