-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000
GTO 11 61.11%
S2000 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Moppie's Avatar
Moppie Moppie is offline
Master Connector
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 11,781
Thanks: 95
Thanked 101 Times in 80 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Moppie Send a message via AIM to Moppie Send a message via Yahoo to Moppie
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mason_RsX


Excuse me????

1) I can't believe you compared a GTO to a butch Aussie slappa...Dude come on! I mean I guess that's a fair comparison in terms of weight...but thats just not right.... and a young Japanese Girl... young = 18+ right, or else I suddenly feel like a dirty old man

2) You'd honestly tell me you'd take a Butch Aussie over a tight young Japanese girl?? HONESTLY?!?!?!


Ill answer 2 first: I never said I would take the GTO.
I have a thing for high reving engines, and the S2000 has lots of that. The GTO is nice, but a bit fat and lazy for my taste (although its one of the best performance coupes ever made).

As for 1, well the GTO is Australian, its very big and very heavy, and its come from a manfucator with a reputation for building big fat heavy cars, built tough to withstand miles of gravel roads in a country where the women have a reputation for being a bit loose.

As for the comparison between women and cars, I guess you need to experiance both to appreciate it.

But I shouldn't have to explain any of that really.
__________________
Connecting the Auto Enthusiasts
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-14-2006, 07:07 PM
knorwj's Avatar
knorwj knorwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

hey thanks for all the insight, suggestions, and recommendations guys! I'll admit right now I am leaning slightly towards the GTO. I really liked them when they came out, I absolutely loved the newer 6.0 one. The S2000 I didn't like so much when it first came out but after owning a nimble high revving car I came to appreciate it and I was all set on getting one when I could. But then I started seeing how cheap the GTO's were going for and I've never had a big ol' V-8 to play with, I've always somehow let the muscle car deals fall through the cracks. I absolutely love the sound of the GTO and I do enjoy the feel of the V-8 cars.

I guess this weekend I'll go back to both dealerships and try and get some more seat time. But the GTO seems to be winning in my mind right now. Besides I don't plan on selling my gs-r just yet, maybe I'll throw a little money her way and still have a high revver/ gas saver for the hell of it? It only costs me 300 a year for insurance on it. I dunno just an idea I suppose. Although i'm sure I won't want to spend much seat time in it if I do get a GTO. haha
__________________
Old:
1993 Acura integra gs-r

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-14-2006, 08:16 PM
DinanM3_S2's Avatar
DinanM3_S2 DinanM3_S2 is offline
Scuderia Kimi
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,746
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

I think I've actually changed my mind towards the S2000. The S2000 won the Top Gear Satisfaction Survey, and has done very well in C&D comparos. It was on the Top Ten cars list between 2000 and 2004 and beat out the Z4 3.0, Boxster, 350Z Roadster, and Audi TT Roadster. The say that it is one of the most usable sports cars ever made.
__________________
Kimi Raikkonen 2007 WDC
Scuderia Ferrari 2007 WCC

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 AM
mason_RsX's Avatar
mason_RsX mason_RsX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
Ill answer 2 first: I never said I would take the GTO.
I have a thing for high reving engines, and the S2000 has lots of that. The GTO is nice, but a bit fat and lazy for my taste (although its one of the best performance coupes ever made).

As for 1, well the GTO is Australian, its very big and very heavy, and its come from a manfucator with a reputation for building big fat heavy cars, built tough to withstand miles of gravel roads in a country where the women have a reputation for being a bit loose.

As for the comparison between women and cars, I guess you need to experiance both to appreciate it.

But I shouldn't have to explain any of that really.
It's tough to rely on the experience of someone who can't spell experience right...

I never said anything against you comparing women to cars...I have no problems with that

I just figured there was something fundamentally wrong with your comparison as I would definitely take the Japanese girl over a butch Aussie, but I would take the GTO over the S2000
__________________


2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-16-2006, 10:46 PM
nbw nbw is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

wow those are two completely different cars so its rather hard to compare them outside of what is blatantly obvious.
Since you asked for an opinion I would suggest the GTO for its extra level of practicality. The s2000 in my opinion is a fairly focused sports car build for people who know exactly what they want with practicality(although not economy...) sacrifices with 2seats and a soft top plus a harsher ride and twitchy handling characteristic.
The GTO is a cool car no doubt, although they are IMO no replacement for the previous LS1 powered F-bodies they have really grown on me for what they are, slightly more sensible sports car. Kind of like a 3series BMW with balls and a great noise. >
I'm curious as to what you think of(the less sporty but still "sporty") cars such as the G35 coupe and 350z and maybe the rx8 which is more similar to the s2000 plus a few seats and a roof, and a look that is hate it or love it quite sporty(I like the look...)

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
knorwj's Avatar
knorwj knorwj is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,193
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to knorwj
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbw
I'm curious as to what you think of(the less sporty but still "sporty") cars such as the G35 coupe and 350z and maybe the rx8 which is more similar to the s2000 plus a few seats and a roof, and a look that is hate it or love it quite sporty(I like the look...)

Good luck.

haha yeah I know how different they are, thats part of the problem. I;m having a hard time deciding between the high revving fun of the s2000, or the big powerful grunt of the gto.

As far as the others well haha I was waiting for someone to ask. I do love them all and had a hard time narrowing it down to just the gto and the s2000.

The 350z I feel is a very well rounded sports car, much more so than the s2000 I feel. The G35 is all that the 350 is and some added luxury. However I have always had some hesitation towards the 350z styling. I like it but sometimes I don't. Know what I mean. Kinda like I'm afraid I'll walk out to my garage and regret my decision some day. The Rx-8 I have really come to like the styling however I feel that the higher than s2000 revving engine will be even less fun to drive in daily traffic. Plus I've heard horror stories of oil usage etc. about them. Now I odn't really believe all the horror stories but it does linger in your mind when looking at them. I guess my number one drawback to the 350,g35,and rx8 is that I see ALOT of them daily and I hate that. The s2000 I see but not as often as the others, The GTO I never see. Possibly due to its suble styling .

Another thing i'd like to add is that I live just outside of Washington D.C. so traffic is horrific. So that is another reason i'm unsure of the S2000.
__________________
Old:
1993 Acura integra gs-r

New:
1998 chevy BlaZeR2~ AKA "Jeep recovery device"

Newer:
2007 Honda CB900F "919"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-17-2006, 10:31 PM
blakscorpion21's Avatar
blakscorpion21 blakscorpion21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

personally i would take the z over both of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-19-2006, 12:54 PM
triplerox triplerox is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

why the z? just curious
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-21-2006, 01:24 AM
blakscorpion21's Avatar
blakscorpion21 blakscorpion21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

faster than the 2sk, handles better and is more refined than the gto, and looks better than both.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 PM
BlackGT2000's Avatar
BlackGT2000 BlackGT2000 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
faster than the 2sk, handles better and is more refined than the gto, and looks better than both.
Have you driven or sat in the GTO? I wouldn't say that the Z is more refined than the GTO at all.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-21-2006, 05:35 PM
blakscorpion21's Avatar
blakscorpion21 blakscorpion21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

i think the z has a much nicer and less cheap looking interior.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:34 PM
BlackGT2000's Avatar
BlackGT2000 BlackGT2000 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,796
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

How is the GTO a cheap looking interior? I was very impressed by its interior to be honest. It you were talking about a Mustang or Camaro I could totally understand but that GTO has it going on the interior. If its not leather its suede haha.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:43 PM
alphalanos alphalanos is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 2,654
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

Personally I'd take the S2000. But thats just because I'm baised for small sports cars. But I think the GTO would be a better all around car.
__________________
96 EJ6. Future home of boosted B18C1.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:00 PM
blakscorpion21's Avatar
blakscorpion21 blakscorpion21 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,338
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

the gto is pretty good by gm standards but it looks more plasticy than the z.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Whumbachumba's Avatar
Whumbachumba Whumbachumba is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Pontiac GTO vs. Honda S2000

I like the S2k alot more than the GTO. The GTO does have the power though. I'd go with the S2k and start saving up for some comptech parts, especially that superchager. It'll only run you betwee 5,000 and 6,000 more dollars, depending on which type you go after.
__________________
Current Project: '70.5 Camaro; Air-Cooled GB: '66 Beetle; Shelby 427 Cobra
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Comparisons


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts