Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #16
aN4rK1
AF Enthusiast

Re: How do you guys get small amounts of paint thinner?

ZoomZoomMX-5: You are absolutely right, however the airbrush that i would be using is gravity fed with a metal bowl lol i made sure i didnt get siphen fed for that specific reason

and PROBLEM SOLVED! Iam so slow today. I just realsed that the container that the thinner came in is.....PLASTIC!! So hence this thinner doesnt eat through them. DAMN i didnt notice ealier
I opend up the jug, and took a whiff, smelt exactly like the testors thinner. I read the jug and it said it wasnt acetone based, and the old thinner that i used was and was in a metal bottle (i ONLY used this to clean my hand brushes and things) I took my pipettes that i had and sucked some in and left it for about 5 mins to test if it would eat it, it didnt!! Therefore ZoomZoom this proves the fact that the lady is cluless lol. Ok so we are good, thanks again guys!!

aN4rK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #17
AF Regular

Re: How do you guys get small amounts of paint thinner?

I use Home Depot thinner myself, $4 a gallon vs. $3 for a small tin of Testors. I use the pipettes for everything. In fact they were recommended by the hobby shop guys when I purchased my first airbrush and I've stuck with them since. The first ones I purchased were even Testors brand, with their airbrush lineup.

Don't use syringes. Before pipettes I was using syringes until the rubber inside would expand from solvents and it wouldn't move anymore. My wife works at a hospital so I got them pretty often but it's just a waste.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling