|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Diecast Car Modeling Discuss and show diecast vehicles that you have modified, or that you have collected. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
I think it looks better not chopped
__________________
MAKE ART, NOT WAR |
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
what u need to do is get a new tail pipe lol that look like it off of a 1980 toyota carolla, get some 5/16 tube and make flamethrower pipes. thats the nicest style.just a thought
|
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
Looks the absolute nuts. I love it. Just Soooooooo custom like it should be.
__________________
Pete ![]()
|
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
|
Killer job man, i would do it a dark candy apple red..cant wait to see the finish product
__________________
I CANT BELIVE YOU FELL FOR THE BANANNA IN THE TAIL PIPE-Eddie murphy-beverly hills cop1
|
|
#20
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
Thanks all, I will do something with that skinny tail pipe, a simple chrome tip, a bit larger will do. Might french the tailights if I can dig up some lens's.
Quote:
|
|
#21
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
need more pics! lol keep it up
|
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
i have a question, how do you chop the top of a diecast 49 merc? what do you use to cut it? dremel?
|
|
#23
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
I didn't chop the top on this Merc. I did on my 51 Pick-Up. I used a dremel w/ cutoff wheel, a hobby saw and a hack saw. Depending on where I was cutting. Some parts were so thick i used the hack saw, other places I used the deremel, then finished the cut with the hobby saw. Diecast is not easy to cut, takes some time, don't forget the goggles :-)
|
|
#24
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
ok but what i want to know is how do you chop it ,what do you do like step by step, do u have a link for a tutorial.
|
|
#25
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
You can find how to do anything on a model, diecast or plastic if you look in the HOW-TO sections and reead the FAQs, here and in the Car Modeling forums.
Since I allready looked, here's a link to Mikes How to Chop Top. http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...85#post1877785 It may be a diff car, but the procedure is the same. |
|
#26
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
would i be able to chop a diecast merc the same way i chopped my plastic one, heres what i did i followed it off this web site, check it out let me know if i can do a diecast the saem way http://www.cjhilton.com/models/chop.htm
|
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
Yes, Tommy, I believe that would work.
Just a thought, why dont you try thinking through things, engineer them, plan them out without asking, and see what model building/customization is all about?
__________________
-Mike AF Director of Media / Photographer ![]() [email protected] | AutomotiveForums.com | Flickr Gallery |
|
#28
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
cuz mike not everyone is so perfect and good like you are with the car modeling
|
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: 49 Merc ... quick rod
You dont have to be perfect, you just have to try to figure things out, and keep working at it and you will start to get a hold of how things can be done. When I first started I was "Whats a dremel and where can I get one" and I am far from that now. Just look at what there is, then think about what you want to do and how you think it can be done, then go from there. When you finally figure out how to do something on your own, its a good feeling. Practice makes near perfect. I think the best way to learn is buy some cheap or broken diecasts and just start hacking into them
__________________
Click ME for progress thread ![]() Diecast Gallery Diecast How To Modified Diecast Contest |
|
#30
|
|||
|
|||
|
Lil update... Got a good coat of paint on it, it's rough and will be sanded and another coat put on. It will be black with flames. GLOSS
![]() ![]() Also got the carpet done, .20 sheet of felt and some Elmers glue ![]() ![]() More to come... . |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|