Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #16
Lowriders4life
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lowriders4life
Re: F20C from Honda S2000 into Type 1 MR2?

if you are going to do a v6 take a look at Turbo Hi Tech Performance March 2003 titled Compound Forced Induction They take a second gen and install a lexas 1MZ-FE V6. then supercharge it then turbocharge it on top of that. wicked swap for any MR2.
Lowriders4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:08 PM   #17
MR2-AW11
AF Enthusiast

Re: F20C from Honda S2000 into Type 1 MR2?

Well ferrari has their own little system I dunno vtec i think is the best thing on any low displacment engine ever, f20c is a fine example period. F20C is such a nice engine urgh.. but blah anyways.

If you want just the lowest bang for buck and gain the most reliability/performance and even mpg .. 3SGTE is way to go.. if you already want to go custom.. might as well stick to that haha... all other swaps would cost a shit load more and more custom I bet.

Anyways, if you wana be NUTS be like bill strong haha northstar v8 LOL!
MR2-AW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 05:54 PM   #18
ac427cpe
two wheels

Send a message via AIM to ac427cpe
Quote:
If you want just the lowest bang for buck and gain the most reliability/performance and even mpg .. 3SGTE is way to go.. if you already want to go custom.. might as well stick to that haha... all other swaps would cost a shit load more and more custom I bet.
3sgte swap does NOT = less custom or less expensive than the next swap. you still have to fabricate new mounts redo all the wiring from the engine bay back *including the ecu*. you have a turbo to deal with, and some minor body "re-adjustments" i.e. use a hammer to make the body panels on the inside of the engine bay bend the opposite way so the engine doesn't hit them... the celica had a 4ag engine with a stock turbo for a while... that probably would be the easiest way to get a turbo mk1. just buy the engine and mate it to the gearbox for the car, plug in the ecu and go! i'd assume engine mounts to be the same.

however, if you're up to a ton of work... i'm all for seeing another mk1.5!

No more project cars. I wonder how long that will last...
ac427cpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 05:13 PM   #19
spooleffect
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to spooleffect
Re: Re: F20C from Honda S2000 into Type 1 MR2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppie
The F20c from the S2000 would be more trouble than its worth, finding a gear box that would allow you to mount it transversly would be almost impossible.
However the F20c from the Integra/RSX/Accord Euro would go in with the right work.
3sgte would require more work than the F20c, sounds silly I know, but the turbo on the 3sgte simple means more work making it fit and run.

However both would require some major surgery, custom drive shafts and mounts to start with.
Then more than a little bit of rewiring to get the ECU hooked up would be needed.

Its the sort of thing you could do if you owned a shop, and had extensive knowledge of both Honda and Toyotas, its not the sort of thing you want to pay someone else do to though, if your that keen for more hp, then the existing engine is very strong, and there are plenty of other options.
You could bolt an accord tranny to an f20c, accords were built with f blocks so the tranny would bolt to it. All you really need to do is flip the engine and tranny around, fabs so engine mounts, lenthen or shorten the shift linkage if needed, the same for the axles, and change out the hubs to match. Wiring isn't as hard as everybody says either. An f20 powered AW11 would be cool but id rather keep it toyota.

BTW- Integra only came with the B18, B17, or B16(Xsi) The RSX has the K20, and the Euro Accord has an H22 in it I believe.

As for VTEC vs. VVt-i, VTEC actually changes the cam profile where as VVt-i and most other varible cam systems only change the cams timing advance or retard. VTEC is a great system for highpower streetable NA cars. Its is usless for racing and or efficient turbo applications.

Id personally would like to see a AWD 3s-gte AW11.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > MR2/MR-S