Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 04:20 PM   #256
drifter17
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to drifter17 Send a message via MSN to drifter17
are you serious!?! your a domestic man which explains why you haven't heard of TOP SECRET....they are one of the most highly regarded japanese companies....and to compare them to 50,000$ mustangs is a joke.....if you want to go high priced you can get a skyline pretty cheap in japan....no mustang can compare...oo you want the specs? ill look for them calm down....

p.s; motor trend tested the greddy 350z vs the vette...here are the facts for those:
0-60 (which is crap to base a test on)
350z vs. (z06)
0-60 - 4.61 (4.3)
1/4 - 12.79@106.5 (12.4@116.5)

Last edited by drifter17; 12-22-2003 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-22-2003, 04:58 PM   #257
drifter17
AF Regular

ok maybe comparing the top secret 350z to the cobra was a mistake......i just read the article and to compare it would have to be a saleen or something of the sort......the top secret tuning 350z made 450 kw~ps which calculates to about 616 horsepower....it does the 0-400m in 3.2 secs.....and it isnt fully built either....its equiped with the gt30 pro-s turbo kit and a few other little goodies......so maybe your mustang is better from the factory but potential wise it doesnt compare....those crazy japs are pretty smart

but if you really want to see fast check this out.....and keep in mind its not fully built either http://grab.orsm.net/update20031015/gtr34.wmv
Old 12-22-2003, 08:33 PM   #258
svtcobra007x

I think the TOP SECRET Nissan compares to certain models of Saleen. Typically S281-E and the SR.

But it also might be an even match to an Outlaw Mustang. I don't know if your familiar about it but its out there. It can do the 1/4 in under 6 seconds. But that sounds a little odd...0-400m in 3.2 seconds. Correct me if I'm wrong but thats the 1/4 mile in 3.2 seconds right? If that were the case wouldn't it be a little hard to handle out on the track. Outlaw has pumped out over 1500 horses on their Mustang models which you would think would be faster than a 616 horsepower car. But I cant say that for a fact...

Old 12-22-2003, 08:55 PM   #259
drifter17
AF Regular

TOP SECRET is a company not actually top secret like government information or something like that....they do however keep alot of their mods top secret hence the name....hmmm it does seem odd but it does have a top speed in excess of 200 mph....the times were blacked out in the spec sheet so i know its not 3.2 and it has to be misread...but this i found out they are using this car as an entry level circuit racer....which explains the actual 216mph top speed
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 PM   #260
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

yeah heard of the top secret supra? it has a 3sgte engine (4 cylinder) and puts out over 700hp... yeah supra engines have been known to put down over 1000 but its real heavy making it slower... of course you wouldnt even think about... all you care about is stick in the biggest motor to get the biggest amount of power...
Old 12-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #261
svtcobra007x

Ok, well if the TOP SECRET Z can go over 200 mph, then the Mustang that it could really compare to is the Saleen SR. They considered the SR a Mustang because it is, the only difference is the body work in the front and a little on the sides. I know the SR can go over 200mph also. Im not to sure about the Saleen S281-E which looks more like a Mustang but I know it has 490 horses.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:43 PM   #262
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

"They considered the SR a Mustang because it is, the only difference is the body work in the front and a little on the sides"

what are u stupid? you cant tell me that ONLY putting body work on a car is going to make it go 200mph... so if i get a geo, stick huge fenders on the front and back and then lower it a little it will go 200mph... you have to be kidding if you think there arent any mods to the engine...
Old 12-23-2003, 04:59 PM   #263
svtcobra007x

Dude, I dont think you heard what I am saying. I was talking about just the bodywork man, not the engine. They changed the style from the Mustang a little and added their own effects. Some people would look at the car and say, that is not a Mustang. But it is.

Alright ghetto, you think I come into this forum with no understanding of Mustangs. I know how the Saleen SR is so powerful. First of all it has a 5.8L supercharged engine. With that in mind it can do 0-60 in less than 4 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 11.8 seconds. Why the hell would I think that adding fenders and lowering it would make a difference?

People make assumptions too early without asking............

Old 12-23-2003, 07:28 PM   #264
stealthj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stealthj
Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
This is kind of pathetic how you guys are all talking about the Nissan Z because i looked up the specs and it does not have the horsepower or 0-60 time that other cars have. Im a die hard Mustang fan and if you check out the Mustang Cobra specs or the Saleen specs, then you will know that no Nissan will smoke a Mustang.
lol im sorry im quoting an old quote....but nothing illegal heh...

drifter17 is right about how saleen is a tuner, and if we compared a s15 silvia to the saleen mustang....i think the top secret s15, (i think like 700hp) or something will smoke the shit out of it....plus, mustangs cant turn

mustangs suck anyway, they are not comparable to nissan supercars like all the silvias, skyline and Z cars

5.8L supercharged blah blah 11.8 thats it??

wait till i get a fucking boost controller for my 1.8L turbo

mustangs fuckin suck...i heard the v6 one has like 160 horses or something.....that does not make sense, they dont know how to build engines or something??

in my opinion....MUSTANGS SUCK....but then again...THE NEW Z SUCKS...LOOOKS LIKE A FUCKIN SPACE SHIP....Z32 IS BEST Z OTHER THAN 240Z

hehe my posts dont make sense sometimes
Old 12-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #265
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

why dont u learn how to read? i said a GEO not a SALEEN... i never even wrote the word saleen in my post u stupid shit... ... ur the one making assumptions... and i was being sarcastic... obviously lowing a car and puting flares on it isnt going to make a huge difference...

5.8L 0-60 in less than four?? should i inform you of the hks altezza... 2.2L yes 2.2L 4 cylinder 0 - 60 in 3... y are you trying to make the mustang seem like something it is not...

oh yeah adding fenders allows you to put wider tires on giving it better grip to jump off the line... lowering the car makes it more areodynamic... so in a way it does help... of couse you wouldnt think of that either... i mean with the millions of stupid non usable scoops all over the place that dont do anything but slow the car downon the mustang that you seem to LOVE so much...
Old 12-23-2003, 09:07 PM   #266
svtcobra007x

At least you say that 350Z's suck, they actually do like spaceships.

The V6 Mustang acutally has 200 horses while the GT has 260 horses. Now what you are doing is moving in to a different class range. The Modified Z's against the Modified Mustangs are a great comparison. Its like comparing TOP SECRET to the Outlaw Mustang. The Outlaw Mustang does the 1/4 in less than 7.5 seconds and they are able to reach to 6's. I dont know much about the TOP SECRET Z but I guess its definietely powerful enough. Outlaws can reach up to 1800 horses on their cars so they are technically very powerful. But Stealth, you gotta remember all the other Mustang brands like Rousche, and Steeda, and Cobras. And you get your bang for your buck, like buying a new Cobra for 34,000 and it comes with over 390 horsepower supercharged V8 engine. Cobra is a steller car and it looks sweet in person.

Like I said about the class range if your comparing Skylines to Mustangs then just don't. They should compare more to cars like the Ford GT and the Saleen S7. Mustangs though are a very good comparo to the Z's, none of them will ever be faster than the other because more companies come out with mods, mods, and more mods. Plus anyone could put a jet engine underneathe the hood of their car to make it the fastest thing on the planet. But right now the aftermarket for the Mustang is so vast that it is a cinche to mod it and even buy models that are modded already. Mustangs were meant to be modded, eventually Z's will be unless they dont make it to that point.

It just comes down to preference...............

Old 12-23-2003, 09:25 PM   #267
svtcobra007x

Re: 350z Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto7o2azn
why dont u learn how to read? i said a GEO not a SALEEN... i never even wrote the word saleen in my post u stupid shit... ... ur the one making assumptions... and i was being sarcastic... obviously lowing a car and puting flares on it isnt going to make a huge difference...

5.8L 0-60 in less than four?? should i inform you of the hks altezza... 2.2L yes 2.2L 4 cylinder 0 - 60 in 3... y are you trying to make the mustang seem like something it is not...

oh yeah adding fenders allows you to put wider tires on giving it better grip to jump off the line... lowering the car makes it more areodynamic... so in a way it does help... of couse you wouldnt think of that either... i mean with the millions of stupid non usable scoops all over the place that dont do anything but slow the car downon the mustang that you seem to LOVE so much...
Chill man. Just because you love a car that is not popular in America compared to the Stang doesnt mean you have to get all critical about it. I know how to read. You were referring to my comment of the Saleen SR and you said that I mentioned that putting visuals on a car can make it reach up to 200mph. You misread what I said, I wrote back, and now you try to cover it up, bullshit man.

Oh I see, lets just throw in other cars like the Altezza. Well, hell, Ill use the Saleen S7 and the Ford GT then. S7 goes 0-60 in less than 3.3 seconds. Dude your going off topic and trying to compare higher end Nissans to Mustangs. Now the comparisons dont make sense. I get it though...........in your case the modded Z's cant yet cut it against Saleens, Outlaws, Steedas, Rousches, and Cobras, so now you want to bump the class up.

LOL, the Mustang is a car that most people love, damn look how many are out there, its sweet. Should I remind you of their incredible sales that beat out the firebird and camaro. Lets put racing cars aside and say you bought a new Nissan 350Z for $32,000. Then I went out and bought a new Cobra for $32,000. We both take them out on the highway and which one do you think is gonna get the most attention? Well the Z will get a little attention by trying to keep up with the Cobra but more people will be eyeing the Cobra as it flies by and leaves the Z in the dust.

Old 12-23-2003, 09:29 PM   #268
svtcobra007x

Ive had it with this thread, it just drags on with more and more worthless opinions, plus I dont want to get into an additional 20 paged long thread arguing with ghetto and others.

Nissan Z Turbo-----Ford Mustang 2005, only time will tell...............

Old 12-24-2003, 02:16 AM   #269
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
stealthj,

My Stang does not suck, neither do my GTRs.

Stang 11s in the 1/4, over 1g on the skid pad, and over 73mph on a 700ft slalom.

All, for under $13k

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Old 12-24-2003, 01:27 PM   #270
ghetto7o2azn
AF Enthusiast

LOL cobra you crack me up... first off the altezza is a stock $30,000 car.. second it isnt even a nissan... its a toyota... who came in this thread not knowing anything againg??? im not even a nissan person... and even if you did use the s7, it would still be slower in the 0 - 60... like i said it does 3 flat... look at it ... we are comparing a 4 cylinder 2.2L engined car against a 7L 8 cylinder car... and its still slower... another thing to look at is that with all those mods on the car... it is still under the price range of the s7... so now your car has a bigger engine liter wise, has twice the ammount of cylinder, and costs a hell of a lot more.... and it is still slower.... so is there some kind of other car that ford makes that i dont know about that does 0 - 60 in under 3 that can be raced on a track??? not just in a strait line?

also i think the z would get more attention, because i see a hell of a lot of the low class v6 mustangs with a cobra body kit on it... they are everywhere... no one would care if they saw one... they would just assume that it was just another wanna be mustang

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe