|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
97 maxima vs moded neon
hey ya'll last night i was witness to a race where a moded neon kept up with a moded 97 auto maxima, what gives? the guy with the maxima had full intake, full exhaust systems the neon had intake,exhaust and?? does anyone know what that neon had to be that fast? the neon was also a 5 speed
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Turbo? For a bare Neon engine, to stay up with a V6 Max with intake and exhaust... that would be my bet... or he really lightend his car.
__________________
Zach
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
neon could have had ingnition work, chip, jus crap like that could have helped. or maybe he had a lil nitrous hidding somewhere in there
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
if it was nitros he'd have to have hit it at the right moment for no one to notice him pull up... cause he would have had to be behind at some point to be able to use NOS and not pass him.
__________________
Zach
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
i think the lightened thing like u said might be right, ive talked to a few ppl with neons and they were running times i thought they were bsin bout too, but they had really lightened up and done basic mods
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Maybe he had an sc system and a upgraded shifter.
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
should have heard blow off valve for SC, so wouldnta been more obvious
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
the he must have had something good on that car.
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
maybe its cause auto max's suck ass
__________________
'95 Midnight Blue 5spd Maxima! WOOT! Frankencar intake, PIAA bulbs blah blah blah. Soon to come -Ypipe -Eibach Springs -Toy Blues ...struts -Budget Ypipe -5th Gen muffler |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
No you suck... I love my Max even if it is an Auto...
__________________
Zach
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Auto maxxies are good as well as stick ones. Just some people prefer comfort (auto wasnt my choice to get) But stock auto maxxies do better on 1/4 mile than stock stick maxxies. Difference is .02 or .03 seconds. Thats if the driver knows how to work that tranny. No big deal tho.
__________________
![]() 97 Nissan Maxima GXE Auto Trans Red Injen Racing Division CAI with K&N FilterCharger, Zero1Racing Front Strut Bar DaRk GrEeN/Beiege Interior Cleared out taillights/Clear fronts/rewired blinkers and sidemarkers, upgraded grounding...Check my Pics out on my homepage New purchase BRAND NEW '03 Mazda ProtegE 5-spd _________________________________________________ Maximum Respect To MaxiManiacs and all Nissan 0wn3r$ |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
__________________
99 Max SE-L 5-spd 14.59 Even though I'm signed up to receive topic reply e-mails, I'm not getting them. If by chance you are directly addressing me, don't think I'm ignoring you. |
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Do your homework killer. Autos are inherently slower provided the person in the 5-spd knows how to operate his car. I know, I have one too. |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
As for this post........ if that Neon is not supercharged, a stock Maxima 5-speed could probably beat it. What were the times of these cars?(if it was at a strip) |
|
#15
|
|||
|
|||
|
I don't think it was at a strip.
I remember reading about a naturally aspirated Neon that ran 12's. There is alot of parts for them. I don't doubt that a heavily modified Neon can beat a max. One of the DOHC ones with all the bolt-ons, cams and high-comp pistons would be pretty nasty. Albeit gay, but nasty.
__________________
99 Max SE-L 5-spd 14.59 Even though I'm signed up to receive topic reply e-mails, I'm not getting them. If by chance you are directly addressing me, don't think I'm ignoring you. |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|