-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > NSX
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Fliquer Fliquer is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
any modded nsx's here?

I was wondering what kind of things a NSX owner could do to get more POWER our of their honda. I know comptech makes a supercharger, but I dont have a clue how much power it adds. Anyone?
__________________
Isitcontagious.com
'92 S13 coupe
KYB adjustable struts + Whiteline springs
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-06-2003, 08:38 PM
THE4TH's Avatar
THE4TH THE4TH is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,809
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
do you own an nsx?
or are you asking cause your gonna race one?
__________________
S2000
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Fliquer Fliquer is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 930
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fliquer
No, I dont own nor race one. I was just curious. I see so many articles about so and so's bpu supra or monster rx7 or turbo miata, etc etc. I rarely see an article about a modded NSX. I was just wondering if that was because its expensive and/or difficult to mod?
__________________
Isitcontagious.com
'92 S13 coupe
KYB adjustable struts + Whiteline springs
Urethane bushings in all control arms and subframe
Cone Filter
Next up: LSD

RIP #05
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-07-2003, 09:35 AM
NSX's Avatar
NSX NSX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
check out NSX Prime for some modified NSXs; its a whole NSX enthusiast club.

I don't think its that hard, but its just that the NSX is much more expensive than say a RX-7 or Supra.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-07-2003, 09:39 PM
THE4TH's Avatar
THE4TH THE4TH is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,809
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
you can also get a supra over 1000hp..
always a nice thing.
but i would take a stock nsx over a pimped anything more or less..
__________________
S2000
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-12-2003, 02:32 PM
NSX's Avatar
NSX NSX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by THE4TH
but i would take a stock nsx over a pimped anything more or less..
Yah, me too;
I prefer N/A.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Blitzen Blitzen is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Blitzen Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzen
Beware that you won't see many NSXs over the 500hp mark...there is one at the 1200hp for drag racing, but it takes a lot of work to get that much power because the NSX's stock OEM parts are of such great quality (well thats Honda, and the parts have excellent technology, and also the NSX wasn't supposed to be tinkered with).

Also, check out wwww.pansx.com

Just my 2HP
__________________
Later
Blitzen

Those who know the Evo 6 cannot explain. Those who don't know the Evo 6 cannot understand.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2003, 10:32 AM
puker_33 puker_33 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to puker_33
Comp Tech mods to NSX

Adding a comp-tech supercharger to and NSX can add as much as 40% more horesepower. Look at comp-tech's website to see the actual numbers. This is true of putting a supercharger on any car. I've put a supercharger on a '94 Integra from Jackson Racing and it improved significantly the horsepower and thus, power available. It's expensive to do in most cases. For the Integra the kit was $3000, and for the NSX it's around $10000. However, it's a very reliable and relatively simple way to add significant horsepower to your car.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-25-2003, 08:18 AM
NSX FoYoAss NSX FoYoAss is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a slightly modded NSX. All I've done so far is lower my car about 2 inches and added a custom exhaust. I have some 18/19 inch wheels on order aswell. In my garage I have 75-150 shot NOS kit, sway bars, WW body kit, full stereo system, and other stuff. I would like to add a turbo/sc, but they are expensive. That's why I'm adding the NOS for now. :bandit:
Z
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-25-2003, 12:15 PM
NSX's Avatar
NSX NSX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by NSX FoYoAss
I have a slightly modded NSX. All I've done so far is lower my car about 2 inches and added a custom exhaust. I have some 18/19 inch wheels on order aswell. In my garage I have 75-150 shot NOS kit, sway bars, WW body kit, full stereo system, and other stuff. I would like to add a turbo/sc, but they are expensive. That's why I'm adding the NOS for now. :bandit:
Z
Can you post up some pics? I'd love to see what it looks like.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-25-2003, 12:37 PM
NSX FoYoAss NSX FoYoAss is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will do as soon as I get some pics worthy of posting. I have some at home of the NSX when I first got it. But the car is begging for some nice wheels and I finally got them on order. Should have them in 2 weeks!! :smoker2: I can't wait!!
Oh yeah, I forgot I have a Comptech Powergrip 2 clutch to handle the NOS and also some OEM NSX fog lights. I need to get with it and start installing this stuff. :silly2:
Z
PS - You guys should checkout www.NSXPrime.com Tons of awesome NSX's!! (edit)<-Someone already mentioned this.... sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-25-2003, 08:41 PM
puker_33 puker_33 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to puker_33
Quote:
Originally posted by NSX


Can you post up some pics? I'd love to see what it looks like.


that was actually my dad who posted under my name...but i'll post some pics of it as soon as we get it out of storage from the winter cuz i don't have any pics of it others.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2003, 08:13 PM
NSX's Avatar
NSX NSX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,175
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to NSX Send a message via AIM to NSX Send a message via MSN to NSX Send a message via Yahoo to NSX
Quote:
Originally posted by puker_33




that was actually my dad who posted under my name...but i'll post some pics of it as soon as we get it out of storage from the winter cuz i don't have any pics of it others.
Oh, don't worry; take your time. SO did you prepare it for the winter?
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2003, 08:38 PM
puker_33 puker_33 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to puker_33
Quote:
Originally posted by NSX


Oh, don't worry; take your time. SO did you prepare it for the winter?
what do ya mean?!?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-04-2003, 12:12 AM
Fanello919 Fanello919 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Fanello919
i own some high hp cars but i love my NSX. it just has bolt ons. headers intake and exhaust but the NSX handles so beautifully
__________________
Tony
-'97 SupraT-72
-'94 SupraTT
-'01 Viper GTS
-'97 Acura NSX
-'01 Ferrari 360Modena
-'01 Benz CL600
-'01 Cadillac Escalade
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > NSX


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:27 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts