Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
pleaseHelpJeep
AF Newbie

Red face Desperate for Answers

I have a 2018 jeep Cherokee latitude, 4 x 4, it’s under warranty through the tigershark settlement case. it suddenly stopped turning over during the cold months in October. I brought it into the authorized Jeep dealership service department that performed the recall from the tigershark engines oil consumption. The dealership where my vehicle has been for the last seven months has told me that my engine did not fail due to oil consumption and would not be covered under the hundred thousand mile warranty extension and I would have to pay to have it replaced. They told me internally and blew a head gasket and this has nothing to do with oil consumption. They said my car overheated severely. This blows my mind because I am the only person who drives my vehicle and I did not get any signs of my vehicle overheating from the dashboard lights, the temperature gauges, or any physical smoke coming out of my car at all. I guess ultimately my question is could the oil consumption issue with the tigershark engine have caused my car to fail at 85,000 miles thank you any and all advice would be so helpful
pleaseHelpJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 06:29 PM   #2
fredjacksonsan
Caution: Monkeys bite!

Send a message via AIM to fredjacksonsan
Re: Desperate for Answers

First, you should read the documentation for the Tigershark warranty.

After that, if it says that this is covered… Then it's time to bump this up to Stellantis corporate offices and go over the dealer's head.

A blown head gasket does not require overheating to occur; it can fail without any overheating at all.

It sounds to me like your dealer simply doesn't want to do the warranty work… And is looking for an easy way out and collect your money. Warranty is a warranty, and I think they may have to prove neglect. If you never saw any indications of overheating, then guess what… it didn't overheat and the head gasket simply failed.

I would ask the service manager what signs of overheating he noticed… Call him out on it.
fredjacksonsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 06:45 PM   #3
pleaseHelpJeep
AF Newbie

I’ve struggled with this for 7 months. I’ve contacted the BAR, other mechanics and service departments, Stellantis customer service (the only department available for customers to reach), several attorneys, the attorney who represented the people (me) in the class action settlement, the dealerships highest management and yet her I am on a forum and you answered the question so simply and to the point and I thank you for that! I’m going to attached the warranty extension here maybe I’m missing something I’ve been reassured from other mechanics that the engine is collateral damage and should be replaced but maybe we are missing something. Again thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005A5FB9-624A-4B24-99E0-7F45CE59F993.jpg (325.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpeg EF198770-6E66-4AC2-9810-908722994F60.jpeg (281.6 KB, 1 views)
pleaseHelpJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 10:31 AM   #4
fredjacksonsan

Haven't had a chance to look at those yet. Probably tonight.
Old 05-25-2024, 12:06 PM   #5
maxwedge
A990 racer

If it overheated to the point they claim, there would be a history code in the pcm, and a freeze frame would show the conditions that happened when this occurred. The proof lies with the folks denying the claim.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:49 AM   #6
fredjacksonsan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleaseHelpJeep View Post
I’ve struggled with this for 7 months. I’ve contacted the BAR, other mechanics and service departments, Stellantis customer service (the only department available for customers to reach), several attorneys, the attorney who represented the people (me) in the class action settlement, the dealerships highest management and yet her I am on a forum and you answered the question so simply and to the point and I thank you for that! I’m going to attached the warranty extension here maybe I’m missing something I’ve been reassured from other mechanics that the engine is collateral damage and should be replaced but maybe we are missing something. Again thank you!
See MaxWedge's post....maybe a different dealership?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jeep > Cherokee