-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-25-2014, 12:48 PM
dorlow dorlow is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
how do I remove the vents above the radio on a 06 Pontiac Montana?

The passenger air bag indicator light got pushed in so I need to get the vent panel off so I can push the light back flush. I do know the surrounding of the radio pops off without any tools. But taking that off doesn't get me anywhere. I still don't see access to remove the vents.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-25-2014, 03:21 PM
gmtech1's Avatar
gmtech1 gmtech1 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,001
Thanks: 4
Thanked 303 Times in 301 Posts
Re: how do I remove the vents above the radio on a 06 Pontiac Montana?

The vent assy is pretty much just snapped into place. If you have a plastic prying tool, use it to work around the edges to pop it out.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-15-2015, 07:24 PM
dorlow dorlow is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 217
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: how do I remove the vents above the radio on a 06 Pontiac Montana?

Yeah, I don't even us a plastic pry tool. I usually can find a place to grab onto it and just pull it off. If you don't care if you possibly could get a small knick in it, just use a small screw driver. But I can get mine off without any tools. Just using my fingernails.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts