-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-08-2013, 02:17 PM
sdrosos sdrosos is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
98 bravada brakes

My abs light comes on after I drive the car for about 1 minute then the light pops on. About the same time when I hit the brakes, I feel the ABS kick back through the pedal. If I push it down more it gets tougher to press, it will keep kicking back through the pedal, and sometime's it will lock up the tires. After that though, I can drive it and never have a problem. There have been a few times when the light would go out and then come back on minutes apart. Any idea what the problem is?

Also brought it to autozone to get the codes printed out and I don't have the code number but it said left front signal missing.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2013, 02:26 PM
SleepyHead98's Avatar
SleepyHead98 SleepyHead98 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 220
Thanks: 14
Thanked 26 Times in 26 Posts
Re: 98 bravada brakes

I would say replace the sensor. There is a way you can check which one is faulty. Need a multimeter and need to check the OHMS if Im not mistaken.
__________________
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."---Dr Samuel Johnson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyHead98 For This Useful Post:
sdrosos (12-09-2013)
  #3  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Chris Stewart's Avatar
Chris Stewart Chris Stewart is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,920
Thanks: 113
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: 98 bravada brakes

Sounds like it to me too.
It'll be the only wire going to the driver's side front hub, easy to see after removing the tire,

I can't remember if these pics were of the '92 or the '97 but I believe they're similiar.
It looks like the brake caliper & rotor have to be removed to access the sensor, which it installed into the hub.







Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Bravada


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts