-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 02-23-2013, 07:54 AM
georges99 georges99 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 64
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Thank you for the quick response.

That is to funny. I am an architect, and am using SketchUp Pro 8 for my work.
I do 3D rendering with it. To render in a photorealistic image, am using "Shadelight"

What extension do you need to save the file for them to print the work ?
FBX, DWG ...?


George
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-23-2013, 08:01 AM
georges99 georges99 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 64
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

The mag lip and all the inside of the wheels must be tricky ? How's the rubber fit on the mag wheels ?

I think I would use an existing wheel from a good kit manufacturer and measure and copy the inside to make sure I have a good fit.

Where you satisfied with the printing CIE ?
I know another CIE that does hobby stuff, It's call GrowIt.


George
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-23-2013, 11:10 AM
gtziaf's Avatar
gtziaf gtziaf is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 138
Thanked 111 Times in 106 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Nice interior, both of them.
Also the black paint is so aggressive. Love it.
Good luck until the end
__________________

Visit our Greek Modelling Forum :
http://scalewheels-gr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM
andybmw7272 andybmw7272 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 740
Thanks: 41
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Thank you guys!

George, it is a .dae file. I have not seen growit before, but did spend time on their website after you suggestion. I have been very happy with Shapeways.

I make the outside of the rim to be flat so the tire can fit right over without issues.

More updates on the way!
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 PM
khngmy khngmy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

wow, that interior in the evil brother is amazingly realistic!! great work andy! what's the progress so far?
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-14-2013, 09:39 PM
andybmw7272 andybmw7272 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 740
Thanks: 41
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Quote:
Originally Posted by khngmy View Post
wow, that interior in the evil brother is amazingly realistic!! great work andy! what's the progress so far?

Thank you!

Raees has been progressing on his well while waiting for parts. He will have some updates shortly I am sure.

Some progress has been made in that I have mated the body and the interior as well as the chassis. I have to get the wheels from shapeways again, but I have since tried to put them on the same sprue to save $5 per wheel for handling.

In the meantime, I have been really busy with work and we got a new puppy and my wife went with the girlfriends to the beach...... so the 458 has been on the back burner.
I am able to respond to your message quickly now as I am sitting in front of the computer working.

I can show some progress soon.
Thank you again for asking!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
dada man dada man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Hey guys. sorry that I havent been on much. Work has been keeping me busy but I have been waiting for about 6 weeks now for my wheels so that I can complete the build. There has been a strike at the head post offices for 2 weeks so theres a big delay with parcels. I'm just hoping it arrives soon. I will keep you all posted as soon as I can
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Kinnam's Avatar
Kinnam Kinnam is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Hi gentlemen, keep up the great works...
__________________
My Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 PM
andybmw7272 andybmw7272 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 740
Thanks: 41
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Thanks again for the great comments. Like Raees, work has been very consuming lately and really eaten up my energy. My wife was on vacation with girls to the beach and we have a new puppy so there is a lot going on.

My crystal ball says Raees and I will be back on this very soon!
Thank you again!!!!!!!!
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM
khngmy khngmy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 30
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Been following this duo-build as we started ours almost the same time. But I guess you guys will be finishing ahead of us 'coz we've been hanging around and leaving our project behind..

great job guys, hope to see more updates from both of you after I come back from my study break. Same as andy, I've been busying with some routines of my life, now going to prepare for my final exam of my degree study. Am gonna graduate soon!

nice meeting you both!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-24-2013, 05:55 PM
dada man dada man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

As Andy said work has been taking my time but the main reason my built has no updates is that my parcel has yet to arrive.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
dada man dada man is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 89
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Ok so I finally have an update. While my wheels have yet to arrive these babies did. I got them from the guy who actually sold me this kit. I did not plan to use these wheels on this car but after the mock up I think I will be using them. The wheels are really something else. The details are eye boggling. i think it needs to be lower... What do you guys think?


Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM
andybmw7272 andybmw7272 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 740
Thanks: 41
Thanked 41 Times in 39 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

I think those wheels look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it.
Nice work Raees.
Andy
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Tompidom's Avatar
Tompidom Tompidom is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 649
Thanks: 30
Thanked 56 Times in 40 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Love the wheels! And i think the hight is just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM
cjsbosox's Avatar
cjsbosox cjsbosox is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 597
Thanks: 28
Thanked 33 Times in 31 Posts
Re: Ferrari 458 - Good vs Evil - dada man and andybmw7272

Wheel size in rear is a bit small for me. I would suggest using a taller tire to fill the space which make the wheels look small. These beasts hold 22" rears. So try using enzo rear tires. That's how I solved the same issue on my 599GTO
__________________

Another day on the job!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD


Tags
124models , 12twentyfour , 458 , andybmw7272 , dada
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts