-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-31-2012, 10:28 AM
deircrfan's Avatar
deircrfan deircrfan is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 129
Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
General question for the masses? **UPDATE W/PICS**

I am currently gauging interest in the need for the 2011 Corvette C6.R GT body. I am currently doing a conversion of the street ZR1 and am thinking about getting it cast when completed. Those of you that know me, know I did one of these about a year ago. I will post some pics of the completed one from last year and the current in progress body when I return home today.

Depending on feedback, I may have a run of these made and offer them for sale...

Jay Savarese

As promised... here a couple pics.





The one I completed last year signed by the Corvette Racing drivers.




Last edited by deircrfan; 07-31-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-01-2012, 03:59 AM
kingkai's Avatar
kingkai kingkai is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 296
Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: General question for the masses?

Hi there,
Nice news. I'm currently inactive with model building/buying, but I might consider 1 or 2 versions of this GT2 car.
For now, write me down for 1 version
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Outlaw66's Avatar
Outlaw66 Outlaw66 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: General question for the masses?

Jay...

I'm interested on this TK, but it will depends of the cost. I need one to make the 2012 Le Mans version. Do wheels and the support of rear wing come together in the TK ???
__________________
Cheers...

Cristiano Piva...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-01-2012, 10:48 AM
deircrfan's Avatar
deircrfan deircrfan is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 129
Thanks: 11
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Re: General question for the masses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw66 View Post
Jay...

I'm interested on this TK, but it will depends of the cost. I need one to make the 2012 Le Mans version. Do wheels and the support of rear wing come together in the TK ???
I'm still working out the details of pricing. Keep in mind, this is the 2011 version... the 2012 has extended front/rear fenders, aero mirrors, and the rocker skirts/exhaust outlets are different. You could make the mods to the body yourself if needed.

Right now, I'm looking at getting the body/hood cast along with the windows and headlamp lenses. You'll need either the Corvette GT1 kit from Revell or the Scale Motorsports trans kit that has the Revell kit with aluminum wheels and PE goodies.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-02-2012, 04:25 PM
lovegt40's Avatar
lovegt40 lovegt40 is offline
ItaloSvensk
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,383
Thanks: 1,077
Thanked 296 Times in 270 Posts
Re: General question for the masses?

great work.
Let me know the price when you fixed it.
__________________
Paolo - LoveGT40 Modelworks

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts