|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
Can anyone tell me what type of screw holds the throttle position sensor into place. Also, where can I find this information on my own. Is it possible to purchase a bag of screws nuts and bolts that will fit the Venture or can these screws etc. simply be purchased from Home Depot?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
I'm not sure which is the size of the screws for the throttle position sensor as I haven't taken away mine from the throttle body but all screws I've seen so far on this engine have been metric. I would guess M4 or M5 for the sensor or maybe as small as M3, but you would need to measure the length as well and if it has any special shape. Here in Sweden I can find standard shapes in any good hardware store.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
Quote:
I assume you lost one. You can also go to a yard like Pull Apart and remove a couple. I do this for expensive odd size bolts. |
| The Following User Says Thank You to rhandwor For This Useful Post: | ||
venturenot (07-04-2011)
| ||
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
Quote:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
I checked on mine, the diameter of the screw is 4 mm so it's probably a M4 and length is 13 mm.
|
| The Following User Says Thank You to sverker For This Useful Post: | ||
venturenot (07-04-2011)
| ||
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: Screws, nuts & bolts for Chevy Venture
Thanks much for the size. Is it OK if I replace the torx screw with a phillips head that is a little shorter - 12mm. Just a question because it really doesn't matter now. I replaced the tps sensor without dropping a screw. It was a lot easier than I thought because the sensor is held in place with out the screws. Anyway,job is done and I am happy. Again just a question, if I had a problem would a phillips head that is m4 12 mm be Ok, or do these screws have to be precise. Thanks much.
|
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|