-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-17-2010, 11:02 AM
steamer482 steamer482 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wiper motor rotation

Ok, I have a mid 90's GM wiper motor. I am using this for a halloween prop and need help on how exactly this thing works. I noticed that the shaft does not rotate a full 360 degree's, extremely minimal almost like a push rod of a steam engine wheel. At the base of the shaft is a flat disc which is rotating the full 360's degrees which is what I need..

I am not a gear head by all means so any help as to how I get the shaft to fully rotate is appricaited. If it does not or cannot, please let me know as well..

The only thing I can think of is having a piece of metal rod welded to the flat disc which rotates 360 degrees. Sorry If this is not clear, but this was the best way I could explain it. See picture below, hopefully that helps clear it up.


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
maxwedge maxwedge is online now
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: Wiper motor rotation

The internal gears and drive will not allow full rotation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
steamer482 steamer482 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wiper motor rotation

Thanks GM - that's the confirmaiton I needed!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Mirandabob Mirandabob is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wiper motor rotation

Yes you are right the shaft will not rotate fully because the internal gears and drives will not allow it to rotate fully.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts