-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-03-2005, 04:05 PM
clydehowell clydehowell is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

Hello, I am new to this forum.
I am considering replacing my failing '85 Monte Carlo with a Maxima between 1996 & 2001. But, I am confused & overwelmed by the amount of information on the internet about Chronic problems with these cars.
Is there anyone that can tell me which is the most reliabe year between '96 & '01 ? And, if there isa certain year, are there any chronic problems that I should be aware of? I know nothing about working on cars, and would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Yhank you,
Clyde Howell
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-06-2005, 06:56 PM
Mrbizness1 Mrbizness1 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 423
Thanks: 12
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydehowell
Hello, I am new to this forum.
I am considering replacing my failing '85 Monte Carlo with a Maxima between 1996 & 2001. But, I am confused & overwelmed by the amount of information on the internet about Chronic problems with these cars.
Is there anyone that can tell me which is the most reliabe year between '96 & '01 ? And, if there isa certain year, are there any chronic problems that I should be aware of? I know nothing about working on cars, and would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone can give me.

Yhank you,
Clyde Howell
What type of chronic problems are to referring to. The internet has very usefull info on cars but it should not be the only factor in making a purchase decision since most car owners with no problems will not bother to post anything. The Maxima has been around a long time and there are so many of them on the road which might account for much of the problems you read about. My daughter has driven a 96 Maxima for 4 1/2 years, the only problem she has had is the alternator 2 times. She also goes throught front pads every 12k but I know thats her driving habits.
Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
zbukhari zbukhari is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Maxima '92

I had a Maxima '92 SE, bought pre-owned with 130K had no issues, after another 100K, inspection fail in NJ. I decided to buy new Maxima 2000. Had no complains, MAF replacement was the only major expense.
__________________
Z
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2005, 03:27 PM
clydehowell clydehowell is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Maxima '92

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbukhari
I had a Maxima '92 SE, bought pre-owned with 130K had no issues, after another 100K, inspection fail in NJ. I decided to buy new Maxima 2000. Had no complains, MAF replacement was the only major expense.
Thank you for your help.
C. Howell
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM
bilder bilder is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

gfff
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Nahkapohjola's Avatar
Nahkapohjola Nahkapohjola is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,653
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Re: Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilder View Post
gfff
Any [gfff] isnt chronic, neither Maxima prblm
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-18-2011, 03:49 AM
rather_b_boatin rather_b_boatin is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 174
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Maxima's, 1996 to 2001, Any chronic problems?

My wifes car (2001 se) has needed rear calipers, alternator, MAF, abs wheel sensor, &a pre cat. (Under cali emission warranty)
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts