-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
rogerrabbitis rogerrabbitis is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
radio & key

Hi I have a 2003 Montana and I got it second hand and It only came with one key I had another key cut and it's a PK3 but won't star the car and tried to follow the programing and it wants a 2nd key that I don't have any ideas.??

also I had an issues with my instrument panel and had to be replace and that is working good but my radio now says "Locked" and the theft light is on any ideas..??....

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
spike88 spike88 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 283
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: radio & key

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbitis View Post
Hi I have a 2003 Montana and I got it second hand and It only came with one key I had another key cut and it's a PK3 but won't star the car and tried to follow the programing and it wants a 2nd key that I don't have any ideas.?? ... thanks
For 2nd PK3 "key" programming, try the lower instructions within:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=971555

Hope this helps...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM
rogerrabbitis rogerrabbitis is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: radio & key

I was able to fix the radio problem.....but I am still stuck on the key issue My van is the Canadian version and needs a 2nd key to program a 3rd I can't program a 2nd key with out taking it to dealership and I tried to follow the above link and do the process but my security light does not stop flashing and it keeps going between security and battery..??..it looks like the directions are for the US version ..any ideas...???
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-14-2010, 10:02 PM
JabbaTHutt JabbaTHutt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: radio & key

I think you are beat, I have an 03 and I was lucky I got 2 keys with mine but needed a third, though I did follow the directions that came with the 2 keys I got off ebay and no way it would work then I remembered seeing it in the owners manual that I needed 2 keys to do it and I know I looked all over the internet.

You could do a search on kijiji or something for someone that will do it for you, I know here in niagara there is someone that will do it, but not sure if its cheaper than the dealer or not. I have heard some dealers don't charge for the service and some do. Should be a few dealers in oshawa you could call and see.
__________________
2003 Montana EXT
Most options

Niagara Falls
Canada
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
dewaynep dewaynep is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: radio & key

I only got 1 key with my 2002 montana. I went to the local key shop, had a key made and he programmed the van for it. It wasn't hard, took about 5 minutes and no charge...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:42 AM
JabbaTHutt JabbaTHutt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: radio & key

That's good and fine since you live in the USA, but the CANADIAN vans are different at least in 2003 like his and mine are, you need a second key to be able to program any other keys, otherwise its a trip to the dealer or someone with the proper computer setup to program the second key. I have the poster also has a third key so that he has a spare working key in case one gets lost.

I found a seller on ebay that wouldn't ship to CANADA so I got them shipped to a buddies place in buffalo $25 USD shipped to his place for 2 keys, though I spent a few weeks looking on there for just the right price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewaynep View Post
I only got 1 key with my 2002 montana. I went to the local key shop, had a key made and he programmed the van for it. It wasn't hard, took about 5 minutes and no charge...
__________________
2003 Montana EXT
Most options

Niagara Falls
Canada
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:44 AM
JabbaTHutt JabbaTHutt is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 113
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: radio & key

Have you not tried to contact the last owner to see about the second key?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerrabbitis View Post
Hi I have a 2003 Montana and I got it second hand and It only came with one key I had another key cut and it's a PK3 but won't star the car and tried to follow the programing and it wants a 2nd key that I don't have any ideas.??

also I had an issues with my instrument panel and had to be replace and that is working good but my radio now says "Locked" and the theft light is on any ideas..??....

thanks
__________________
2003 Montana EXT
Most options

Niagara Falls
Canada
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2010, 08:59 AM
dewaynep dewaynep is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 443
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: radio & key

After a Simple online search, it appears you are correct. Take it to the dealer and pay the price. That's what your insurance companies did to you, not me.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:52 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts