|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
wont go past 3000 rpm
I just bought a 1990 galant gs with the dohc 2.0 and a 5spd. It idles rough and when driving it, it wont go over 3k rpm. I have tried to research this but i have come up with nothing using the search. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: wont go past 3000 rpm
just for future reference, I took apart the intake housing and removed everything but the sensor and the air filter and drove the car. I was able to go to 4500 rpm as long as i didnt put my foot in it. So im going to guess and say its the mas air flow sensor or whatever its called.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: wont go past 3000 rpm
I replaced the mass air flow sensor and that wasnt it, any ideas? thanks.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: wont go past 3000 rpm
Plugged converter? An engine that won't rev USUALLY has a breathing problem, either can't get it in or can't get it out. Try dropping the front of the pipe and see if that changes anything.
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|