-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Chance24 Chance24 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Buying a used 2004/2005 Honda Civic Coupe (Help?)

Hey guys,

I'm in the process of doing some research and searching the prospective car that I would like to purchase. There's no car I want more than either a 2004 or 2005 Honda Civic Coupe. The EX trim is my preferred choice, but I won't mind a VP or LX trim if I can't find the EX at the right price, mileage, etc.

I tried to break down my post in about 4 bolded parts, just to make it easier if you guys would like to help answer some of the questions I have. Any insight or wisdom from you would be greatly appreciated.

Well, so I've been on Craigslist lately looking around as well as other sites like autotrader. One of the reasons I registered for this site is because I would like to see if there are other sites that I should utilize in my search for the car I want to buy?

I also came here because I was hoping I could gain insight so that I can wind up making the right used car purchase, and not get jipped, that sort of thing.
My dad knows a lot more about cars and he'll accompany me when I make appointments, get test drives, etc from the various private parties that I contact, so that's good. But I was wondering if there is anything I should be cautious about, look for first, place emphasis on when I'm doing a test drive or looking over a prospective vehicle I might purchase?
Also, how does taking the car to your mechanic exactly work? I mean, would the reasonable (typical) private seller allow you to do this prior to purchasing the vehicle or after you hand over the cash?


When I contact parties I try to gain as much information as I can about the vehicle. 1) The reason why they're selling the vehicle. 2) Whether they are the original owner of the vehicle. 3) Whether they compiled a list of service records for the car. 4) How old the driver is of the car. 5) Whether the car has been involved in any form of accident, such as a fender bender. 6) What the mileage of the car is (if not provided initially). Are there any other types of questions that I should ask private owners to get an idea of whether I should or should not purchase their vehicle?


Lastly, my dad said that I should look for a vehicle with mileage around 10,000-12,000 miles accumulated per year since it was released.

So. for instance, for a 2004 Coupe, I don't want purchase a car beyond 80K mile mark.
So for a 2005 Coupe, I don't want to go beyond the 70K miles mark.
Is this a reasonable standard to start to narrow the potential cars I should buy?


Again, thanks for any help. I greatly appreciate it.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '01-'05 Civic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts