-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-31-2002, 06:39 AM
M4tt83's Avatar
M4tt83 M4tt83 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to M4tt83 Send a message via MSN to M4tt83 Send a message via Yahoo to M4tt83
Revell vs Airfix vs Heller Bugatti EB110

Does anyone know which company makes the best Bugatti EB110 in terms of accuracy, detail, and quality of moulding?

Also where can I buy the Revell or Heller kits if one of those is best.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-01-2002, 02:28 AM
mel79's Avatar
mel79 mel79 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Revell Bugatti

I haven't seen the Heller Bugatti, but I bought the Revell kit two years ago. The Revell kit has quite high parts count and detail level, but unfortunately it has(or my kit had atleast) some awful fit problems. Body parts are moulded in brittle blue plastic and those parts were badly warped in my kit. Quality of moulding varies from reasonably good in engine parts etc to below average in body parts. Same can be said about detail level. It's as if the body and engine & interior were designed by different people.

I believe you can build a reasonably accurate replica of the EB110 from the kit, but even assembling it straight from the box will need much more work than the Japanese kits these days. I haven't touched my project for a long time as I got fed up with the warped parts and fit problems of the body. Maybe my kit had been too long in the shop or I just had bad luck, but I recommend you check the contents before buying to avoid getting too twisted kit.

-Mikko
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts