-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
in deep- have you looked on the inside of your plenium for washing, mine had a bad hesitation when I got it and my return lines were leaking, and it kinda sounds like yours, mine didnt have any trouble starting and hesitated up to about the point of shifting in to 2nd then it would smooth out, you might want to check that, I took the big round thing off the top of my plenium and used a flash light and seen the drivers side was really clean and thats where the return lines are
The big round thing you're talking about is probably the fuel injection, and I have tried, but that thing is in there pretty good. I wonder if I actually have to remove the plenum to take the F.I. off?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:32 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

no its not the feul injection, I think its called an IMTV valve, its under the vortec cover and has 2 torq screws holding it down
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:34 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

if you take the screws out and kida spin it a little and maybe use a screwdriver to pry up easily it should come out and I bet you will see your problem in there, I know there is an O ring on it and it is actually has a little bit of weight to it as well
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

you could take the top off and as long as you dont damage the gasket you can reuse it, but if its clean on the drivers side then its the return lines and if its on the passenger side its the regulator
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
no its not the feul injection, I think its called an IMTV valve, its under the vortec cover and has 2 torq screws holding it down
Is it near the back of the manifold? I thought that was the F.I.? What's IMTV stand for?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

yes its near the back under the vortec cover It stands for Intake manifold something valve- I forget now- but it has a wing type deal on it and I guess that it turns as more air is entering the intake, it will come out, it is hard to see in there though so it may be just as well to take the top off so you can have a good look, the injection spider is located inside, just dont mess with the lines- could cause more problems
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
yes its near the back under the vortec cover It stands for Intake manifold something valve- I forget now- but it has a wing type deal on it and I guess that it turns as more air is entering the intake, it will come out, it is hard to see in there though so it may be just as well to take the top off so you can have a good look, the injection spider is located inside, just dont mess with the lines- could cause more problems
Will do... Thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

no problem, my lines werent leaking alot but it fills the intake up with gas - I mean mine was barely leaking, the return are 60.00 and the regulator is 50.00 just have to see which one you need, just look for a really clean side inside
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
no problem, my lines werent leaking alot but it fills the intake up with gas - I mean mine was barely leaking, the return are 60.00 and the regulator is 50.00 just have to see which one you need, just look for a really clean side inside
I unplugged the sensor, and took the 2 screws out, but man, that shit is seated in there pretty good! Having a helluva time turning it, or even getting it out! Looks like I may have to pull the plenum. Don't they make computers that connect OBD-1 and will read which sensors are failing, etc...?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:45 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

I think, but if those lines are leaking its not gonna show up on a reader, it only takes about 10 minutes to take the top off- the regulator isnt gonna show up either
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

is your engine light on? if so you can use a paper clip to get the codes out of it, mine showed oxygen sensor but that was because my lines were leaking
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
is your engine light on? if so you can use a paper clip to get the codes out of it, mine showed oxygen sensor but that was because my lines were leaking
No codes. At first, I had codes 22,23,43,44... I replaced everything mentioned earlier in the thread. TPS, MAP, ECU, Ignition Coil, Ignition Control Module, cap, button, wires, plugs, fuel pump.... lol I have replaced everything damn near. Hooked a code reader to it, rather than jumping pins, and got 23, which is TPS. (I had just replaced TPS that day) After clearing the codes, I don't get any more codes at all. Runs like a freakin scalded dog when it gets out of the hesitation and finally catches. So I know the timing and fire is fine... It's gotta be a fuel thing. I get both intake and exhaust backfires when this issue occurs, when I floor it. So I poured a large bottle of rubbing alcohol in the tank to see if I had water in the tank, but no results as of yet.
Like I said, tried removing the damn IMTV and that sucker won't budge. I even used a chisel wedged beneath it and tried prying it up... No go. Have a buddy coming over with another computer to see if we can see if relays are opening/closing properly, if the computer will do that. Hopefully, we find the issue, if not, I will then proceed to remove the plenum for further inspection.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Im telling you I believe the problem is inside the plenium, mine did the same thing- what happens is all the extra gas in the intake and its overloading, here is something you can do pull out the #3 plug plug and # 4 plug and look at them I bet at least one of them dont look like the others on mine it was the #3 plug your getting the leaking fuel and no computer will show this
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:11 AM
InDeepShitNow InDeepShitNow is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanes76 View Post
Im telling you I believe the problem is inside the plenium, mine did the same thing- what happens is all the extra gas in the intake and its overloading, here is something you can do pull out the #3 plug plug and # 4 plug and look at them I bet at least one of them dont look like the others on mine it was the #3 plug your getting the leaking fuel and no computer will show this
I don't doubt you, friend... That's why I'm lining it up to get these parts up. I just hope it solves my problem. As of today, I've dumped $900 into my truck in the last two weeks...
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:16 AM
shanes76 shanes76 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 192
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: fuel pressure regulator ?

I will almost promise this is your problem as I just fixed mine about 3 weeks ago, let me know what you find
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts