-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-25-2010, 09:14 AM
PatrickJunior's Avatar
PatrickJunior PatrickJunior is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
93 Suburban 4 wheel drive stopped working!!

I have had this suburban for a couple years now, and the 4 wheel drive has always worked.

Just before that past christmas we had a huge snowstorm and everything worked fine, but then 1 day I waited for it to cut on and it just didnt.

I dont know if this matters or not but I recently put bigger tires on it than normal and 1 time whilr turning I heard a loud nosie sounding like it came from around the driver side front wheel, but the 4 wheel was still working..

Any suggestions
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM
MazdaX's Avatar
MazdaX MazdaX is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 961
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 93 Suburban 4 wheel drive stopped working!!

vehicles come from the factory with drivetrains setup for certain wheel sizes. when you put 22" wheels on a vehicle designed for 15 - 16" wheels you really increase the rotating mass and add extra stress to the drivetrain in order to move those wheels.

Not saying this is your exact problem/cause but the stress it creates happens either way.
__________________
2004 Mazda 6i
1997 Tahoe
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 PM
MT-2500's Avatar
MT-2500 MT-2500 is offline
AF - Advisor
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,690
Thanks: 5
Thanked 122 Times in 121 Posts
Re: 93 Suburban 4 wheel drive stopped working!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickJunior View Post
I have had this suburban for a couple years now, and the 4 wheel drive has always worked.

Just before that past christmas we had a huge snowstorm and everything worked fine, but then 1 day I waited for it to cut on and it just didnt.

I dont know if this matters or not but I recently put bigger tires on it than normal and 1 time whilr turning I heard a loud nosie sounding like it came from around the driver side front wheel, but the 4 wheel was still working..

Any suggestions
What transfer case?
What size sub?

Floor 4W shifter?
Does any lights come on on it?
Did it blow a 4W fuse?

Does front drive shaft lock in?
Does front Axel lock in?
__________________
Remember proper testing gives us the answer to many problems.
MT
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts