-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 AM
mcdonalds737 mcdonalds737 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation 1994 RPM drop and dieing engine

Yes I know this is a GMC Forum but I need help. I have a 1994 Chrysler LHS 3.5 V6 engine, eight letter of vin # is F and I have over 175000 miles and when I go to stop at a stop light or sign the RPMs drop from 900 to 500 and sounds like the engine is going to die. What would be causing this? Any help is thankfully taken. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

Okay now I have a new part of this problem. I took the car for a long drive and when the engine was at operating temp. and I stopped the engine died. What would cause all of this ... low RPM at stop before operating temp. and then dieing at stop when operating temp. has been reached. I disconnected the fuel pressure regulator and it ran fine until the temp. got to operating temp. and then RPMs would drop to 500 again when I stopped. I am so cunfussed with this car. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!

Last edited by mcdonalds737; 07-31-2009 at 12:48 AM. Reason: More info.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: 1994 RPM drop and dieing engine

Not sure how familar anyone here is with this car as you can expect. I would see if it has fuel pressure and spark when it dies, std diagnostic procedures for any car.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2009, 01:54 PM
mcdonalds737 mcdonalds737 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 1994 RPM drop and dieing engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
Not sure how familar anyone here is with this car as you can expect. I would see if it has fuel pressure and spark when it dies, std diagnostic procedures for any car.

Okay I disconnected my fuel pressure regulator and it runs better so what in the world would that mean?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2009, 06:07 PM
maxwedge maxwedge is offline
A990 racer
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 17,072
Thanks: 26
Thanked 388 Times in 379 Posts
Re: 1994 RPM drop and dieing engine

Could mean the pump is bad or regulator get a fuel pressure gage on it and see if it is on spec, no other way to know what you are doing,, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > GMC > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts