-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM
mac-gt mac-gt is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2000 Taurus drivers window goes down but not up

Ok, I searched the forum and couldn't find a similar problem. I have a 2000 Taurus. The drivers window switch will work down, but not up. When pushing the switch up, I hear the relays clicking. I removed the window motor from the door and bench tested it. Motor turns in both directions when given direct power from a spare 12V battery. I plugged the window motor back into the door connector (motor hanging free) and tried the switch again. Down and express down and the motor turns. Press window switch up and motor doesn't turn, just clicking relay. I even went ahead and replaced the relay. No change, same results. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-31-2009, 09:36 PM
shorod's Avatar
shorod shorod is offline
SHO No Mo
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 11,006
Thanks: 105
Thanked 359 Times in 350 Posts
Re: 2000 Taurus drivers window goes down but not up

Measure for voltage to the motor from the switch. The switch simply reverses the polarity to the motor, so since the motor works in one direction, the wires have to be good to the motor. And theres a single power and ground feed to the switch so that has to be good as well. That comes pretty close to diagnosing it to the switch since the motor worked when you bench tested it. I'd still like to see you verify with a meter or test light that you are only getting power in the "down" position before suggesting you replace the switch though.

-Rod
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 PM
mac-gt mac-gt is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2000 Taurus drivers window goes down but not up

Thanks for the quick reply, SHOROD. I will give that a try and report back with an outcome.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2009, 09:46 AM
mac-gt mac-gt is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Re: 2000 Taurus drivers window goes down but not up

It was the switch afterall. I never got around to replacing the switch, until this week. Bought a new one at Advance for $37.99. Plugged it in and all my problems solved! Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Taurus | Taurus Wagon


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts