-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
modlman17's Avatar
modlman17 modlman17 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 272
Thanks: 19
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

Here is my latest completion and my first post here. It's box stock and painted Tamiya TS-12 Orange. I thought it would never get this build finished. It's a collection of fixed mistakes and forced decisions. I really don't care for the heavy, dark panel lines, but I made a mistake when painting the window trim and the only solutions were to completely strip it or to do all of the panel lines in black. It turned out OK but I wouldn't have made them so dark otherwise. The weathering got a little out of control on me. I started out weathering the exhaust tips, then the back bumper, then a bit around the wheel wells, and the fuel filler. Before I knew it, this is what it looked like. Maybe not "accurate" but I'm happy with it. Let me know what you think.









There are a few more shots here:http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q...lman17/models/

Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2009, 04:34 AM
jano11 jano11 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,399
Thanks: 57
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Re: Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

Beautiful!
The weathering looks great!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 AM
mn80228's Avatar
mn80228 mn80228 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 337
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Re: Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

That looks great! Very believable weather techniques.
I have the Bosch liveried one in my stash, and I may just have to dig it out this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 AM
SCORPIONFB's Avatar
SCORPIONFB SCORPIONFB is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 364
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

Looks pretty good to me!!!. I think the weathering is perfect.

REgards,
__________________
ScorpionFB
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2009, 09:44 AM
sam01contact's Avatar
sam01contact sam01contact is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 601
Thanks: 9
Thanked 30 Times in 27 Posts
Re: Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

I love this model!!! The weathering is just perfect!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2009, 03:55 PM
DerXL's Avatar
DerXL DerXL is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 798
Thanks: 3
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Re: Jagermeister Alfa Romea 155 V6 TI

Beautiful indeed.
Have this one lying around, partly build, but a long way from the finish line.

Seeing yours, almost makes me want to pick it up again. But wait... I have to finish som other models first...

Your build looks spot in. The weathering is very subtle and looks realistic to me, personally.
Panellines is a bit of a personal taste issue, but I don't find them disturbing in any way.
I sure do miss these real racing cars...

Excellent build.
__________________
Axel

Visit my homepage for WIP's and galleries :
www.axelv.com
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts