-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Register FAQ Community
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-17-2009, 12:42 PM
360spider's Avatar
360spider 360spider is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 38
Thanked 314 Times in 241 Posts
Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Finished this one not too long ago. Factory 3 liter V12 TR s/n 0774TR driven by Dan Gurney and Jean Behra. Did not finish the race. Built from Renaissance kit, mostly OOB, with few very small detail additions. "Small" 1/43 scale.












__________________
The client is not always right. - Enzo Ferrari
ItalianHorses.net
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-17-2009, 01:05 PM
BVC500 BVC500 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,383
Thanks: 129
Thanked 102 Times in 95 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Nice work Alex! I especially like the clear hood scoop.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-17-2009, 01:22 PM
alfmorey alfmorey is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 59
Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

No matter the scale or the model, what matters is who and how it works and you're good.

GREAT WORK.

Alfredo Molina
León, Gto.
México.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-17-2009, 01:44 PM
das_auto's Avatar
das_auto das_auto is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 281
Thanks: 14
Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Amazing! truly stunning!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-17-2009, 02:09 PM
jochen kieslich's Avatar
jochen kieslich jochen kieslich is offline
'wannabe race driver'
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 258
Thanks: 81
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Alex, thanks!
It's like my eyes are having a wonderful time on a wonderful place.
So congenial to look at, balanced, very clear and sharp detailling and coeval soft in general. Your work is staggering to look at and i'm glad to have the chance to have a (digital) look at!
Great Great Work, absolutely amazing.

Yours
Jochen
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Didymus Didymus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 827
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Beautiful work, truly spectacular!

If not for the slightly "fat" steering wheel, it could be 1/24.

Congratulations!!!!!

Ddms
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2009, 07:53 PM
360spider's Avatar
360spider 360spider is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 38
Thanked 314 Times in 241 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Yeah, the wheel is a bit chunky, but you can only really see it on the macro pictures.

Thank you all!
__________________
The client is not always right. - Enzo Ferrari
ItalianHorses.net
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM
dmacb's Avatar
dmacb dmacb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 713
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Great lookin build!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Didymus Didymus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 827
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Well, it has to be said. Not only is the model terrific; you did a great job with the photos too!

Ddms
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
guiwee's Avatar
guiwee guiwee is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 401
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

when i can get my paint to look like that i will know that ive arrived in the modelling world,,,,,,,,,great job as usual
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-18-2009, 02:09 AM
janositamas's Avatar
janositamas janositamas is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Simply fabulous, wish I could build Ferraris like you!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 AM
360spider's Avatar
360spider 360spider is offline
AF Moderator
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,262
Thanks: 38
Thanked 314 Times in 241 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Thanks all for your compliments, I appreciate it!
I have couple more 43rd scale project that will be completed very soon. These small scale builds are
whole different ball game and require completely different set of skills, which helps me to learn new ways of building models and helps to improve and develop my building techniques.
__________________
The client is not always right. - Enzo Ferrari
ItalianHorses.net
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-19-2009, 12:58 PM
bikouros's Avatar
bikouros bikouros is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 120
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

The entire time I was oogleing at your Ferrari, I was convinced it was a 1/24, I'm in shock it's a 1/43! I connot believe how you guys can pack such detail in such a small car. My eye sight isin't good enough for that! Great job!
__________________
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-19-2009, 01:06 PM
F1Tommy F1Tommy is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,009
Thanks: 5
Thanked 29 Times in 26 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Very nice build. I just finished his Ferrari/Lancia D50 Monaco. I like his
kits alot as he adds small little details to his kits.

I have gotten back into 1/43 building. I am working on a very detailed Ferrari P3 based on one of the old Provence kits.


Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2009 model contest-Chicago April 25th 2009
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM
Didymus Didymus is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 827
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Finished: 1959 Ferrari 250 TR59 LeMans 1959 #12 Gurney/Behra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikouros View Post
The entire time I was oogleing at your Ferrari, I was convinced it was a 1/24, I'm in shock it's a 1/43!
Huge ditto. I also thought it was 1/24 before I read the text.

This model is in my personal top ten for subject, tastefulness and sheer craftsmanship. Wow!

I'll bet it's been an eye-opener for anybody who thought a 1/43 model couldn't include enough detail. I can't wait to see the P3.

Ddms
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts