-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-19-2008, 03:37 PM
garkin01 garkin01 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Reset the Computer to shut off idiot lights

Hi All,

I got a 2003 Ford Windstar. The check engine light came on the other day while I was putting in fuel injection cleaner (Yes, While the Engine was running, I know, What a bonehead). So my question is, Is there someway I can reset the computer or do I have to take it to a mechanic?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-19-2008, 05:50 PM
catvents catvents is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 260
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Reset the Computer to shut off idiot lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by garkin01
Hi All,

I got a 2003 Ford Windstar. The check engine light came on the other day while I was putting in fuel injection cleaner (Yes, While the Engine was running, I know, What a bonehead). So my question is, Is there someway I can reset the computer or do I have to take it to a mechanic?
It could be a temporary engine misfire caused by the injection cleaner, or a code sent by the O sensor which has made the CEL to glow. If you do not have a code reader ( that can erase the code and set the CEL off) you can disconnect the negative cable of the battery for 30 sec or so. This will erase the code and set the light off. However if the problem is still present the CEL will come back.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Ford > Windstar


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts