-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-03-2008, 01:20 PM
fritcr's Avatar
fritcr fritcr is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2001 Montana Ext HOT rear AC?

Yesterday we were driving along with the ac on front and rear and it was working great just like always. All at once hot (heated) air started coming from the vents in the ceiling. We messed the the rear controls because the front was turned to R. Then we switched it to the front controls and get the same thing. I moved all the controls every which way and it always comes out HOT air in the back only, no matter what you do. You can switch it to the floor and turn it to cool but it is still hot. I have NO idea how the rear ac etc works on these vans but I'm thinking I'm about to find out. Does anyone have any knowledge about this? I assume the stuff I'm looking for is under the back panel on the left side. Is there an actuator back there that controls the heat?
As always,
Thanks much for any and all help!
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2008, 05:04 PM
rockwood84 rockwood84 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,002
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: 2001 Montana Ext HOT rear AC?

yep. something has either come loose or is broken. the panel has clips like the front doors .just go slow and easy a clip tool makes it a lot easier.you will probably have to put some new clips in as the teeth will tear off on some of them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
fritcr's Avatar
fritcr fritcr is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Montana Ext HOT rear AC?

I guess I will tear into it this weekend probalby. Has anyone had this area apart? Just wondering if I can actually work on it or if it some kind of sealed unit. Our van has been hit on the other side rear quarter so I wonder if something came loose or something. Although...that was probably 10k ago.
Anyway, thanks for any responses.
Rob
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2008, 01:15 PM
fritcr's Avatar
fritcr fritcr is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 341
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2001 Montana Ext HOT rear AC?

FYI..tore into it a bit and found that it was the actuator motor that controls the flap that goes from the a/c to heat. It messed around with it..unplugged it etc and it started working again. It is still working a few weeks later. At least I know what it is if I have to replace it now. I even have one on a wrecked van I bought for parts. YEAH!
Rob
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Montana/Montana SV6


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts