Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
yru2_bad
AF Newbie

Rear View Mirror TB 04

How do i connect the rear view mirror for a 2004 Chevrolet trailblazer? where is the electrical cables connected? any idea pls or any available diagram.
yru2_bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: Rear View Mirror TB 04

Please reduce the font on the next post, second is this a mirror you are trying to put on that is an upgrade or not oe? If so the harness, if it is there, is up under the headliner.

Last edited by maxwedge; 11-26-2008 at 12:17 PM.
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
tgwright
AF Newbie

I'd like to tag on to this thread. I have a new '08 TB with the onstar and passenger airbag mirror. I want to upgrade to the onstar/bag/compass/temp/autodim mirror (part #15237546 I think). I realize I'll have to add the temp sensor, and probably a 12volt line, but I haven't figured out how to lower the front of the headliner to add these wires without destroying the headliner. Is the headliner glued or clipped? And will I have to change any existing wire/pin locations or simply add the needed wires to the plug and leave the existing wires alone? Thanks.
tgwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:03 AM   #4
maxwedge
A990 racer

Not sure but it may be felcroed, may check with a Chev dealer before trying to get it down.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #5
tgwright
AF Newbie

My new mirror arrived and it turned out to be a plug-n-play deal. Everything works except the temp. The plug on the back of the mirror has the brown and green/black wires already in the plug at pins 6 and 7 for the temp function, so I don't have to run new wires under the headliner and down the pillar. However, I don't know where these terminate so that I can connect the temp sensor. Can anyone advise me on where the factory sensor harness connects to the main wire harness? This is going to be a lot easier than I first planned.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
maxwedge
A990 racer

There will not be any temp sensor in a non equipped car, usually mounted in the grille area, look for it there first.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
tgwright
AF Newbie

Thanks, Maxwedge. I wasn't very clear on that last post. I assume I need to buy a sensor and harness. I'm wondering where, under the hood, the sensor harness connects to the main wire harness. I'm also assuming that since the mirror plug has the proper, color coded wires for the temp info, there will be somewhere those wires terminate, and that is where I will connect the new sensor. Thanks again.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT