-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific
Register FAQ Community
Non Specific This is the forum to post and generalized racing questions.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM
nwoodking11 nwoodking11 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

i'm looking to "soup" up my stratus. i want to race it at the drag strip...

tell me what kind of performance parts i should put in it

also prices?

cold air
turbo
exhaust
body kit
wing
everything?!
__________________



-Brinks

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Chiquae07's Avatar
Chiquae07 Chiquae07 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

your in the wrong section, but i'll attempt to help you out.

if your trying to soup up your car, i would recommend progresso, as campbells isnt as fufilling, and it has a larger size can.

ultimately, you should get coffee instead of soup, and a good brand for that is folgers. a whopping 6'' diameter muffer should net you around 50 hp.

here are some directions to the coffee muffler.

http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/mycoffeecan/page1.html
__________________
2008 Mazda 6 ATX 2.3 Liters of Slowness

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t



I'll help you out though. First off, you mean supe. Second off, what engine does the R/T Stratus have? I forget and I'm too lazy to look it up. Also, do you have a manual or an automatic?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 AM
nwoodking11 nwoodking11 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

v6 3.0 L

"supe"
__________________



-Brinks

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2008, 08:00 PM
Polygon's Avatar
Polygon Polygon is offline
The Red Baron
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 7,823
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

Sorry for the delay but I was just looking up your car and I was looking at a shot of the engine and I must say that it look a lot like the 6G72 that goes in the Stealth and the 3000GT. I'm guessing the block is the same but the heads are certainly different being SOHC 24v.

Hell, even the MAS looks the same. I think it has just been turned around.

I guess the golden question is, how much power do you want to make?

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-18-2008, 12:33 AM
nwoodking11 nwoodking11 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

i would like to maybe be runnin 12's....


i think my car runs high 15's stock.
__________________



-Brinks

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:17 PM
drdisque's Avatar
drdisque drdisque is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Send a message via AIM to drdisque
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

The Stratus R/T Coupe is mechanically Identical to the 2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.

If you're serious about racing it I suggest the Rippmods supercharger and headers.
__________________
Dr. Disque -
Current cars:
2008 BMW 135i M-Sport
2011 Mazda2 Touring

Past cars:
2007 Mazda 6S 5-door MT
1999 Ford Taurus SE Duratec
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
VR43000GT's Avatar
VR43000GT VR43000GT is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,091
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Send a message via AIM to VR43000GT
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

Yeah that definately looks like a 6G72. The plenum is nearly the same minus the the side of the throttle body/intake. You may have more luck going to the 3G Eclipse section and seeing what threads have been written up about this sort of thing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-02-2008, 11:09 PM
vectorspecialist vectorspecialist is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: I need info on 02 Stratus r/t

it is a 6G72 motor. friend has the same car. just different mounting.

prices(good condition, 70-100k miles): 5-8g.

power increases: supercharger, exhaust, that'll hand you near 230hp. i think. stock is near 200.

suggestion: don't get the one's with the lame ass 3.0L decal on the rear trunk lid.

the car overall is pretty good. his has some paint issues, but it handles well for it's size, and interior, it's on par with the outgoing(at the time) 3000gt sl/vr4. from 6disc cd player, to full leather and adjustable seats(both sides). his is black interior and exterior, so very sleek looking at night, and decent in the daylight. red however is(imo) the best looking.

i'll get some more info 2morrow when i talk to him.

other mod: it likely exists, but if not, i'm making his. angel eyes(bmw copycat) has 2 lights and a orange lense. take blinker(inner light) halo it, make orange light into blinker, as it wraps around front to side. some wiring involved, but it'll look nice.
__________________
yup, here i am
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Racing > Non Specific


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts