-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-03-2008, 11:04 AM
fhayek1976 fhayek1976 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation 280ZX Turbo Problems

I was driving down the highway recently and my Z just started losing power, spitting and sputtering until it stalled. I was able to get it restarted, but it did it again shortly thereafter. I can occasionally get it re-started, but it doesn't last long. If I keep trying for too long, you can smell raw gas coming out the tail pipe.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2008, 11:44 AM
DioblosZ DioblosZ is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 280ZX Turbo Problems

Yeah that weird mine 280 turbo does the same thing only It will start doing have promblems well before I take it on the freeway. In fact If I just take It down the street I will start doing that. Some say It my gas tank that Its dirty I say its my automatic tansmission. Because when I drive up hill I start to smoke from the shifter lever then at the end of the hill I will cut out. Let me know if you ever find out what the problem is please.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts