-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-02-2008, 06:48 PM
littleredcoupe littleredcoupe is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1998 LXi Cylinoid clicking, wont go into gear

I have a 1998 Sebring LXi, that I adore. A few months ago, it stopped going into gear and we changed the fluid and filter and it was fine. The other day I was driving it and the check engine light came on and it started slipping gears. It would be okay for alittle while and then start again. From a stand still, you would have to rev it up alittle to get it to take off, but it would eventually go. Then, it stopped doing that. You shift it into gear and you hear a clicking from under the car, which I am told that it's the cylinoid. What sensor usually goes bad ? I can't afford to take it in for a diagnostic test and I sure can't afford a new transmission at this moment in time. But, now it won't move and if it does, you can't let off the gas, or you are back to square one. It only has one gear when it will go. Any suggestions? I love this car, please if someone can tell me how to fix this or what sensor it could be.. Thank you in advance.. My husband just wants me to junk the car, but I can't. I love it. I just want to get it fixed.

Also, awhile back, I put oil in it and forgot to put the oil cap back on. It blew oil all over the motor. As soon as I realized the car was smoking, I pulled it over and figured out the problem. My oil pressure stays low now when its just sitting and idling.. Once you give it gas and take off, the oil pressure goes up to wehre it's suppose to be... Any suggestions on this? I called the auto store for a new oil pump, but they said they don't sell them for this car. Any suggestions on how to get my oil pressure to stay up or should I even worry about it? It runs really good. It has just always had more on the higher side on the oil pressure until I did that smart move.. I keep putting oil in it so maybe the pressure will come up, but that doesn't work. SHould I change the oil and filter and put that Max Life Valvoline oil in it? SOmeone also said to put something called Motor Honey in it.. I don't know. ANy help and suggestions to help fix my baby would be GREATLY appreciated.. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts