-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
cobrah cobrah is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 37
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
need help with fuel line disconnect

I am trying to remove the tank on my 99 grand am and I cant get the fuel lines loose from the inlet side of the filter and the return line above the filter. Everywhere I look it says these are quick connect fittings, but these look diff. than all I can find pics of. One has like a blue plastic tab and the other a green over it. YOu can pry one side of the clip down the the line is still stuck??? I have never seen quick connects like this.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2008, 03:41 PM
blabhern's Avatar
blabhern blabhern is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blabhern
Re: need help with fuel line disconnect

There is a special tool to remove the quick disconnects. but all you really need to do is pry the tabs on both sides up and pull the male end out of the QD. It can be done one side at a time but it's difficult. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
xeroinfinity's Avatar
xeroinfinity xeroinfinity is offline
out saving the world
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 10,707
Thanks: 8
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Re: need help with fuel line disconnect

Thanks for the tips blabhern.
The member already PM'd me about this I said pretty much the same thing.

This realy does seem to be a problem with many cars, not just grand ams.

I usualy clean out the road crap from the fittings before I even start.
Carb/TB clear works well, just watch the eyes.
__________________
1999 Grand Am SS 3.4 OHV
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
J-Ri's Avatar
J-Ri J-Ri is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,218
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: need help with fuel line disconnect

Don't you just love PMs like that?

I can usually get those loose squeezing them by hand, it's easier (for me) than getting a tool in there, but my hands are stronger than everyone else's at my shop. Like XeroInfinity said, make sure they are clean.
__________________
'04 Cavalier coupe M/T 2.2 Ecotec
Supercharged 14 PSI boost, charge air cooler, 42# injectors
Tuned with HP Tuners
Poly engine/trans/control arm bushings
Self built and self programmed progressive methanol injection system
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts