|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
control arm ring
At the front of my chevy's control arm is a rubber thing with a metal ring. At on side the rubber and ring seems to be at the top of the arm. The other side has it in its normal place. In the control arm. Do I need to buy a new control arm, or just a bushing or something...
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
I don't have the book in front of me, but if you mean the bar that runs from one wheel to the other wheel, it connects via a set of rubber washers, about 3" in total height. The bushing has steel washers and rubber spacers and allow the arm quite a bit of travel. I think you would need both wheels off the ground to see if both sides are at the same height. Its unlikely the bar is bent.
|
|
#3
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
I mean the control arm at the right. It has a pressed rubber bushing in it at the front (radiator side). The circle with the rubber in it seems to be on top of the arm.
|
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
I'll look at the van and the book this evening and get back to you. Can't recall what you're describing.
opcorn:
|
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
You can get just the bushing from the dealer. No need to replace the whole control arm. Make sure you have the last 8 digits of the vin when you go to the parts counter.
|
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
Are you sure, it seems to be a pressed bushing. I mean the front bushings
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
Quote:
__________________
2000 Venture - repairs to date: LIM gasket, water pump, wiper park position, front wheel bearings, rear wheel bearings, flickering lights, blower motor resistor, door speaker corroded, rear hatch handle, rear wiper motor, front struts, busted sway bar, LCA bushings, hard shifting tranny (new solenoids!) |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
Had a look at the van and the manual. Sounds like it wants a new bushing.
Here are some images that detail the bushing. If the scans don't show up nicely and need edited out from this post, you can view them at http://cemrweb.cemr.wvu.edu/~mathews/boat/scans/ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
thanks guys. I'll go change the bushing
By the way which manual are you using. This saves me posting..
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
Re: control arm ring
I have the Helms service manual. Its two volumes about 1100 pages each. They had a couple more manuals I couldn't get before they were out of print;
there is a manual for just the tranny and another for just the electronics--both out of print now. John |
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|