-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-18-2008, 02:24 AM
sjelic's Avatar
sjelic sjelic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to sjelic
Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

You all probably know about Rens transkit. Well here is Reji's effort. It is for Hasegawa kits.

Packed in their usual box, the one I took is Ireland rally 2007



box is almost empty



But you get fair amount of goodies inside.



So basically you get new body, wheels, exhaust, rear wing, central console, hood scoop, discs, clear parts, huge PE set and decals.

I haven't checked what else should be different but this major things are here.

So let's go



Wheels, nice cast this time, a lot of flash but no chips, bubbles etc. Tires are perfect this time, improvement of 100%



Resin parts are a lot nicer then usual Reji stuff, rear wing is made out of two parts, that will make CF job a lot easier.



Now for the clear parts, they are perfect, the best clear parts made by small company I ever saw, such a clean and thin cast.



PE sheet is huge and nicely done by Eduard, nothing more to add.



Decals look nice, print is a bit strange looking, not gloss, but I can't judge it without try.



And now body

Cast is perfect, body is polished to a shine, a lot of flash but that is better then chipped corners.



I will show it all around and since I didn't check it with real car I can't tell what is (if anything is) wrong.








For the end, instructions, a bit more color, not bad, unclear in some segments but you can manage.



__________________
Sasa Jelic

SCALEMAKERS

MK Grunf modelling club Croatia
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2008, 02:54 AM
cham2020's Avatar
cham2020 cham2020 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to cham2020 Send a message via MSN to cham2020 Send a message via Yahoo to cham2020
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

sweet transkit..i am sure it aint cheap eh?
looks like lots of work to do with the body flashes...
__________________
Evo Rocks !
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 AM
malscar's Avatar
malscar malscar is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 608
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Well there goes my credit card again.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2008, 04:16 AM
manu80 manu80 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 143
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

I knew the one made by by renaissance but never heard of this one. looks much cleaner than theit previous kits...
The fluo decals looks very light though...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2008, 05:16 AM
sjelic's Avatar
sjelic sjelic is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,176
Thanks: 4
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to sjelic
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu80
The fluo decals looks very light though...
could be that the flash killed it a bit, they don't look that light in real.
__________________
Sasa Jelic

SCALEMAKERS

MK Grunf modelling club Croatia
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Aras Aras is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 36
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Man,

Where have you bought that kit? I've looked at my web suppliers but it seems they still don't know about this kit.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-18-2008, 06:02 AM
Sumak's Avatar
Sumak Sumak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39
Thanks: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

body is not polished, this is so resin casted....
is from another resin caster, then other REJI kits before....

Last edited by Sumak; 04-21-2008 at 05:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-18-2008, 10:51 AM
sportracer02's Avatar
sportracer02 sportracer02 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,431
Thanks: 28
Thanked 80 Times in 74 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Hi,

interesting to see this transkit, I just knew about the 2006 transkit from Renaissance. P/E look good, clear parts, too , decals (as you wrote probably due to the flash) look pale.

Concerning the resin you maybe right concerning the dimensions, but the cast is not perfect IMO. Why are the windows closed with rods and fishskin - I don´t see any need for this, every good caster is able to make a "clean" body.
The same with the wheels. If I compare them with Geronimos wheels, I see 2 worlds of casting.

The rear wing comes in 2 parts, you are right, it is easier to decal, but cleaning this upper part ... .

Nearly all other resin parts need lots of cleaning, that isn´t up to date (especially concerning health) an can be avoided (f.e. resin parts of an Impreza transkit could look like this: http://www.renaissance-models.com/1-...e/tk24_264.htm
__________________
Micha
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Happy Martian's Avatar
Happy Martian Happy Martian is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 70
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

The resin looks nice but I have to admit that I'm a bit confused. Ireland was a tarmac rally, Reji have supplied tarmac rims and tires but the Hasegawa kits that will be donors have got gravel suspension setups. No sign of tarmac suspension parts in this transkit. But from the "Next Products" space on the instructions, a tarmac suspension set will be a separate product ??!! Are they expecting us to buy 2 transkits (body and suspension) each time they make a tarmac transkit (note Monte Carlo is another upcoming kit) ?

Still, as a SWRT fan, I guess I'll be getting this transkit to go alongside the Renaissance one but I'll probably forego the decals and get a second set of Renaissance decals so I can build the only notable success of the last 2 years, Chris Atkinson's '08 Argentinian podium drive.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-18-2008, 05:58 PM
rallymaster's Avatar
rallymaster rallymaster is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,959
Thanks: 15
Thanked 148 Times in 147 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Wow, this TK seems fine though... Still Reji standard but not the worst.
Is there other versions than Ireland as you said "the one I took is Ireland rally 2007" ?

And do you think this can be adapted to the Tamiya kit ?
Body intest me but I would prefer building a Tam kit than a Hasegawa one (moreover I have a spare Tam kit) ?

One thing left, how much do this TK cost ?

Anyway, thanks for this review !
__________________
Phil

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-19-2008, 12:04 AM
MidMazar's Avatar
MidMazar MidMazar is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 5,601
Thanks: 7
Thanked 108 Times in 103 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportracer02
Concerning the resin you maybe right concerning the dimensions, but the cast is not perfect IMO. Why are the windows closed with rods and fishskin - I donīt see any need for this, every good caster is able to make a "clean" body.
I think they did that to support the pillars, but yeh it seems like excess resin. Is that the one from that show someone just posted recently? Also how much is this transkit?
__________________
In Progress
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-19-2008, 04:40 AM
malscar's Avatar
malscar malscar is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 608
Thanks: 0
Thanked 39 Times in 38 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaster
Is there other versions than Ireland as you said "the one I took is Ireland rally 2007" ?

If you look at the last photo of the instructions, it looks like they are also doing Atkos Monte Carlo 08 car.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-20-2008, 08:00 AM
Sumak's Avatar
Sumak Sumak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39
Thanks: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Martian
The resin looks nice but I have to admit that I'm a bit confused. Ireland was a tarmac rally, Reji have supplied tarmac rims and tires but the Hasegawa kits that will be donors have got gravel suspension setups. No sign of tarmac suspension parts in this transkit. But from the "Next Products" space on the instructions, a tarmac suspension set will be a separate product ??!! Are they expecting us to buy 2 transkits (body and suspension) each time they make a tarmac transkit (note Monte Carlo is another upcoming kit) ?

Still, as a SWRT fan, I guess I'll be getting this transkit to go alongside the Renaissance one but I'll probably forego the decals and get a second set of Renaissance decals so I can build the only notable success of the last 2 years, Chris Atkinson's '08 Argentinian podium drive.
You are wrong, look on Subarus from Ireland... they have gravel suspension, but bigger brakes and tarmac wheels.....

http://modelforum.upce.cz/forum/down...9841&mode=view

Last edited by Sumak; 04-21-2008 at 05:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-20-2008, 08:03 AM
Sumak's Avatar
Sumak Sumak is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 39
Thanks: 42
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallymaster
Wow, this TK seems fine though... Still Reji standard but not the worst.
Is there other versions than Ireland as you said "the one I took is Ireland rally 2007" ?

And do you think this can be adapted to the Tamiya kit ?
Body intest me but I would prefer building a Tam kit than a Hasegawa one (moreover I have a spare Tam kit) ?

One thing left, how much do this TK cost ?

Anyway, thanks for this review !
Hasegawa is 2005 version with more acurate rollcage, Tamyia is 2004 Subaru version (but on 2005 Monte)... and as I said, you need tarmac suspension on Ireland version...
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Titanicshiloh's Avatar
Titanicshiloh Titanicshiloh is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Inbox: Subaru Impreza WRC 2007 Transkit by Reji

Irish owned Scoobies all use gravel dampers with the tarmac springs. They usually sit at the same height as the car would on a gravel WRC event. As everyone admitted last November Irish tar is nothing like tar events anywhere else, so much bumpier.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts