-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 PM
gstclips gstclips is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 606
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to gstclips
Squeeeeky blazeR2000

Well before I roll into the dealer and spend 59.99 on a diagnosis I thought I would give wonderful AF a shot. The vehicle is a 2000 Chev Blazer ZR2, with 132,000 miles on it.

The Problem: although not a big problem it is annoying and I feel that there might be issues down the road if not taken care of now. When I start the vehicle it squeeks, the sound is coming somewhere near the belt. The belt was replaced by the dealership less than 3,000 miles ago. I drive 45 min to work every morning and when I get to work I can faintly hear the squeeking. could something be leaking on the belt causing this annoyance?

Water pump or bad alternator cause a squeezing? All guages are fine and I did just replace the heater core and someone had told me that a bad heater core takes a toll on the water pump but I can't understand why the blaze is squeeking so much :-(

any help would be great. THANKS in advance!
__________________
THE OFFICIAL AF PIMP! - love EclipseRST[Banned]

1997 Gs-t Eclipse
6 bolt + other toys
Currently 295whp
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-07-2008, 08:35 PM
blazes9395's Avatar
blazes9395 blazes9395 is offline
Newbie mod
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,477
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Squeeeeky blazeR2000

Basiclly take a look under the hood and closely watch and listen for the squeek. Take the belt off and turn each pully and feel/listen for noise/roughness. If its the belt that is squeeking, and it has been recently replaced, then you have to see if a pully is misaligned as a result of worn bearings. Pull and push each pully, make sure they don't have abnormal play in them. That should help you pinpoint the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
cardboardpimp420 cardboardpimp420 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 144
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Squeeeeky blazeR2000

one way to locate a squeak w/o taking the belt off is to take a long wrench or a screw driver, press one end against your ear and start touching the parts that the belt drives with the other end. The part that is squeaking will be significantly louder.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts