-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community
Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-19-2007, 05:43 PM
pwrplay14 pwrplay14 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

This is my first post on here so bear with me a bit. I gave my son my wifes Cavalier (she got a new Envoy) and we are going to be doing a lot of work to it to make it more of a teenagers car then a soccer moms car.

We had the factory radio removed and replaced with a Pioneer Radio(bestbuy did that).

We replaced the front Speakers with no problem. Nowthe funny part. We went to replace the rear Speakers with Pioneer 5-Way Speakers. All the wiring diagrams I have seen listed 2 Speaker wires to each speaker, a positive and a negative but when I went to take the factory speakers out there was 4 diffrent wires to each speaker. There were 2 wires connected to each side of the factory speaker. So I just used the 2 wires that are in the wiring diagrams that I have seen and connected them to the Pioneer Speakers. They work but I have absolutely no highs comming out of them. I have these same Speakers in my Ram and they have plenty of highs. I just connected the other 2 wires to the pos and neg and I got static, so what gives???

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks,
Brian
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2007, 02:27 AM
yhandor's Avatar
yhandor yhandor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to yhandor
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

Try reversing the 2 wires, sounds kinda like you mixed them up.....all I could think of. I have 4 way Pioneer 6X9's in the back and they work fine, although their decks are garbage....my SUV had one and it randomly shut off and came back on, and now in my Cavalier I just bought this Pioneer 3800MP deck in November and about 12 times a day it shuts on and off, sometimes repedatly for 5 mins, on and off....I checked the wires on the bakc, nothign loose, and its not because its trying to draw too much power, it does it at any volume......I cant figure it out, so in my opinion, Pioneer decks are garbage and since I gotta get a new one because this one is screwed, I think I may go with Alpine, or Sony.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 AM
1991tercel 1991tercel is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

do you have a factory amp?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-20-2007, 12:18 PM
yhandor's Avatar
yhandor yhandor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to yhandor
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

Who are you asking?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
1991tercel 1991tercel is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 125
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

the person havin problems sorry about that
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
JStumpalump150's Avatar
JStumpalump150 JStumpalump150 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 777
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

i have a pioneer head unit and its awesome, you must just have bad wiring or something.
__________________
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V w/6 Speed Manual
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-21-2007, 01:50 AM
yhandor's Avatar
yhandor yhandor is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 768
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to yhandor
Re: 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Rear Speakers (Help)

Nope. I checked the connections, all is good.....both Pioneer decks I have had have done this......beginning to lose my faith in them, I loved Pioneer, but after this, I just don't think the same about them....
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Non-Performance


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts