-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing
Register FAQ Community
Sketching and Drawing Sketchers and drawers in the house?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Roboduck's Avatar
Roboduck Roboduck is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 504
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment



Spent two days doing this.. a lot of work for such a little illustration. Tried to get the metal hosing, valve covers, reflections, etc with a bit of detail. More work than I thought, but I enjoyed the ride. All in Illy CS. CC's? Always welcome. Robo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:44 PM
stuffbyalex's Avatar
stuffbyalex stuffbyalex is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,391
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment

Wow! I'm thoroughly impressed! I love the reflections, especially of the air cleaner in the firewall.

Alex
__________________
www.geocities.com/stuffbyalex
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Dx_king91's Avatar
Dx_king91 Dx_king91 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 453
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to Dx_king91
Re: Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment

wow man bomb blowing job man nice chrome
__________________

Man Anime is taking over my life o_O
Only 1 Year the BMWX5 and Ford Mustang is mine
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-20-2007, 08:47 PM
sketches_of_b's Avatar
sketches_of_b sketches_of_b is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 306
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment

Ditto on the previous comments. I like the headlight bar!

You know your software quite well.

B
__________________
You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do.
- Henry Ford

www.autoartpaintings.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-29-2007, 08:57 PM
sunsetclassics's Avatar
sunsetclassics sunsetclassics is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 46
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment

Yah that is really nice work, i've never had the patience for Illustrator - then again I'll spend 15 hours on a pencil drawing. go figure.

There is something a little off with the perspective that my eye keeps coming back to. I'm not sure if I can pin it down to one thing though. It may be the angle of the grill in relation to the headlights, it's just a fraction off. I feel like I want to rotate the healights just a touch back into 3 dimentional space - I'm not explaining this very well.

I do like how you balance the heavy left side with the open space and lone headlamp on the right. Good use of composition.

Overall nicely done.

..
__________________
- - Sunset Classics - -
The art of exotic and classic cars
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
GirlBear's Avatar
GirlBear GirlBear is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,040
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Close-up, '30 Chevy Engine Compartment

man ur chrome is spot on!! im a big chrome fan cause i know what it takes to do it right. and u do it right.
__________________

http://jowulf.deviantart.com/
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Sketching and Drawing


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts