|
|
| Search | Car Forums | Gallery | Articles | Helper | Air Dried Fresh Beef Dog Food | IgorSushko.com | Corporate |
|
|||||||
| Non-Performance This is the place to discuss interior, exterior, and other non-performance related modifications. |
![]() |
Show Printable Version |
Subscribe to this Thread
|
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Center Console
Hey will a 00+ center console thats a manual fit in my cav that is a auto?
__________________
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
Should, they all have the same bolt holes, should fit, why would you want a standard console in your auto though?
__________________
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
Just cause it has the boots over the shifter and on the ebrake
But i figured they would all work i was just wondering could i put my car in park and then all the way to first or would it not work cause the standard one wouldn't have as long of a hole or something
__________________
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
hmmmmshould work, but never done it so i dont know, I think it should..
__________________
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
I have an 04 console that i'll be swapping in, because it has 2 cup holders and the lid seems taller. I've been told that you need a certain bracket that's in the 00+ or else the console will sit crooked. I havn't tried to install mine yet so I don't know for sure.
__________________
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
I got a console out of a 2001 at a local junkyard today. I got a manual one and I have no problem putting the car from park to first. Thanks lance for telling me to get that bracket or i would have been screwed. the bracket was just a peice of metal at the front of the console held down with 2 10mm bolts then when i was intalling it in my car i noticed the it didn't have the 2 spots to screw the bracket onto, but there was a slot on the bracket and it lined up perfect with where the original screw hole was(the one in the bucket thing under the HAVC) so i put a screw in to hold the bracket then put the console on and it fit perfect excpet for the 1 screw under where the power window buttons where didn't line up but i didn't care because the console has 3 screws holding it down anyway.
Now i can fit cups from mc donalds in my cup holder without them hitting my CD player ![]()
__________________
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
So you do need that bracket thing then? Shat, looks like I gotta pick one of those up too.
__________________
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Re: Center Console
Ya u would need the bracket or its gonna be a on big angle it wouldn't be that hard to make the bracket if u didn't get it tho
__________________
|
|
![]() |
POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD |
![]() |
|
|