-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical
Register FAQ Community
Engineering/ Technical Ask technical questions about cars. Do you know how a car engine works?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-28-2007, 03:01 PM
BlownBBF BlownBBF is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up No Distributor Ignition

I have a BBF that I would like to run without a distributor. (Blower will be in the way) I know that MSD makes several units but I really need to know the basics. What do I need (All Parts) and how does it get wired.

I plan to use FAST XFI system controller

Any Help?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
INF3RN0666 INF3RN0666 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 324
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No Distributor Ignition

To the extent of my knowledge, which is very limited might I add, it's very difficult to do what you're asking. Electronically controlled ignition would need a new PCM, which probably won't fit your current harnesses. You'd also need an ignition module, and a coil pack. Finding a PCM for your application is probably going to be the hardest thing.

I'm just swinging blind here...maybe we'll get a discussion going. When I say something wrong, someone usually comes in and starts railing me for it :P. That's how a good discussion starts on these forums LOL.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Engineering/ Technical


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts