-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic
Register FAQ Community
Off-Topic Talk about anything other than cars.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
bxfinest89 bxfinest89 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help? Gst or Gsx

I was wondering which would be better a gst or a gsx. im curious bc i want to know which one should i invest my money in? like i wana know like which one has better performance and etc... Please the help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

First off welcome to AF, please post in the right section. Second it all depends on your goal, usually people think aws is better than fwd.
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

Geez, yeah this definetly isn't supposed to be in this subforum... I'm moving it to the main forum because its too general of a topic to be in any subforum really...


Now... The performance will be the same with either one. The big difference is FWD and AWD. Most of us go with the AWD because its way better for launching at the track instead of FWD because it'll just spin. It really all depends on what you have planned for the car.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
Black99GST's Avatar
Black99GST Black99GST is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,966
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Black99GST
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

T-case problems with the GSX, Go with the GST! just kidding guys! lol its really up to what you want the car for... launch, or top end... a GST will kill a Evenly Modded GSX on a roll race, but from a light, the GST will NOT stand a chance...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99GST
T-case problems with the GSX, Go with the GST! just kidding guys! lol its really up to what you want the car for... launch, or top end... a GST will kill a Evenly Modded GSX on a roll race, but from a light, the GST will NOT stand a chance...
But who in their right mind would stop modding a GSX at the level a GST loses it's fun on the street

Seriously though, I've had a GST (well, TSI FWD) and it was a helluva lotta fun, but I could leave burn out marks longer than a singlewide... once it got going though

I've just got a GSX (well TSI AWD) so I'll let ya know in a few months
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-10-2007, 05:09 PM
violent31601's Avatar
violent31601 violent31601 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to violent31601
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

the problem is finding a GSX in decent condition, there is very few out there that will last.

I love my GS-T, but then again I don't race everyone i see at a stoplight. its up to you, if you actually "find" a GSX that is in good condtion, I would get that
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601
the problem is finding a GSX in decent condition, there is very few out there that will last.

I love my GS-T, but then again I don't race everyone i see at a stoplight. its up to you, if you actually "find" a GSX that is in good condtion, I would get that
Well, I'd buy yours.... if it were for sale and I had money

I love the 2G body, but the 1G makes for a better sleeper (and 6 Bolt FTW)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Black99GST's Avatar
Black99GST Black99GST is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,966
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Black99GST
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

i love my GST, you could always get a gst and do an AWD conversion...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Mikelb's Avatar
Mikelb Mikelb is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Mikelb
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

You could always get a Galant VR4 or a Colt and do the AWD/4G63 swap
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
I write a lot... I wrote one song about this chick I was messing with that was uhhh... Well, lets just say I called it "Forbidden Love"


1991 Eagle Talon TSI - Broken
Head removed, block broken, trans in hatch

1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD- in pieces
3" exhaust, rebuilt bottom end

Project: Assemble the Eagle is underway... and now with AWD

2003 Lancer Evo 1630hp/1593ft lb tq
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-12-2007, 11:36 AM
violent31601's Avatar
violent31601 violent31601 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 547
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to violent31601
Re: Need help? Gst or Gsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black99GST
i love my GST, you could always get a gst and do an AWD conversion...
that cost's alot of money
__________________
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Off-Topic


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts