-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community
General Discussion All general comments or enquiries go here. Website, club oriented, or general Skyline banter.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-09-2006, 04:05 AM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

I have heard all of the myths on how to get a Skyline in.. illegal and legally.. NOW i have a skyline NOT registered.. it was truly easy to get in.. I had to pay off some ppl but it was way cheaper then motorx... and well I can only drive it on the property I own and the track..........

TO THE POINT..
We all want to import Skylines via kit car method.. but would this work...
People say yes and some say no.. I want to find out.. I want to make a video of it all.. from departure from the states to the place where I would buy it ect.. tearing it apart and shipping it over.. my title in hand or customs taking it away.. SO I was thinking I have saved up a total of 12k .. what else better than to invest into the idea..I know ppl in the uk and japan.. it would not be hard to do this.. SO maybe ill take a donation up.. then when I make the video ect whoever donated gets a copy..Make a site for it ect.. get a huge fan base and what not.. hit up a few shows in the uk as well as japan.. see whats going down .. make it a sweet dvd.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK
I have the time and will to do it.. but is there a big enough group of ppl that want to watch it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2006, 06:58 PM
slideways...'s Avatar
slideways... slideways... is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,277
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

id watch it
__________________


Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2006, 07:17 PM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

Its that or i can import them a certain way.... then have them legalized SUPPOSEDLY for 4k.. idk if this is true i am going to take my gts to this guy and see if he is legit if so ill make a movie of that to.. I wish more people would respond to this HINT HINT
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2006, 05:28 AM
SkylineUSA's Avatar
SkylineUSA SkylineUSA is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

Waste your money on a GTS, thats funny.

Dumb idea, that is why no one is responding.
__________________

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2006, 09:11 AM
liny's Avatar
liny liny is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 104
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

ich 4 u have email
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:00 AM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineUSA
Waste your money on a GTS, thats funny.

Dumb idea, that is why no one is responding.
it very well may be.. thats why I asked thanks for the honest answer... although I have about 20 pms saying ppl are interested but hey its my money right?

waste my money on a gts ahah i paid 4500$ for it plus 3 to ship it.. and another 2000 to title it.. (apparently) I think its well worth it... i know plenty of ppl who would pay 20k for a skyline..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:01 AM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

O and if i am going to do this it would not be with a gts.. i mean I am not that ignorant ahahah
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2006, 10:12 AM
SkylineUSA's Avatar
SkylineUSA SkylineUSA is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

You have 20 pms from the same guy? Or 20 different people?

You have a GTS in the states for a little under 10k? Got pics?

They have videos like that from Japan, Aus, G.B. all ready, that is why I said dumb idea. Maybe not toaly dumb, but not too feasable.
__________________

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-2006, 11:34 AM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

Id do it for an american market... I figured if I am going to do it why not video tape it.. that seems to make sense.. it would be fun... The car cost 5k shipping 3k.. ppl to pay off gas plane ticket ect not included.. I got it cheaper then anyplace in the states.... No i dont have pics I will soon hopefully before the end of the month...That makes me sound lame as hell but ill come through if not i just look like an idiot..
I can get a web site and make a dvd and do online sales... go to shows ect and sell the dvds there along with clothes.. I think it could help out.. I am going to check out this guy who can title it for me and if he is legit well then ill make more then one video
__________________
SKYLINE JUNKIE
email [email protected]
-mat
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 AM
ich_4_sie ich_4_sie is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

o ya its more like 12 pms a few from the same dude one duplicate and a few others telling me they would buy it and some saying you cant do it ahah.. also i like to use the smileys
__________________
SKYLINE JUNKIE
email [email protected]
-mat
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Xutech Xutech is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

I know someone in Nevada that does the Kit car method. I dont know how legal it is exactly because All the cars are registered as "Nissan 2dr" not as Skyline. But i guess feds cant really argue.. because it is a nissan 2door.. but i wouldnt want to end up in prison because of something really stupid. But as for the video sounds like a good idea. I would be interested
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2007, 07:36 AM
vectorspecialist vectorspecialist is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,163
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: A brilliant idea.. and I have the time to do it.. L@@K

theres a company in florida that also does the kit car method. kitting it in is a real good idea, but i dnt think that it's the best, just buy and import an r33, u can still leagally do it, its still allowed, u gotta check it out, granted u'd have to b an r.i.
i dnt know wat it takes, but i'd do it for career knowing all this want and demand for skylines
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > General Discussion


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts