-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-23-2007, 11:35 PM
cranknandcrankn cranknandcrankn is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
where is the oil sensor/switch

I will mention again....I know nothing, but everyone has to learn sometime.

1999 ram sport 1500
5.2L 318
95,000 miles

Is the oil sensor/switch the same as the Oil pump sending unit?
Where can I find this in my truck? Im having a difficult time locating it. Im replacing them all including the pump. I have a manual for a 2001 dodge, that I got from this site, well a link was posted, but I think that the years are about the same. I could not find a listing for a oil switch in the 5.2 or 5.9 section. The only one they had was for the 3.9.

Also, If the rod from the distributor was to wear down, what would happen?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
hundahunta hundahunta is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 835
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Re: where is the oil sensor/switch

it's right next to the distributor. If you oil pump drive gear wears down you may have a intermittent misfire, and a flickering oil pressure light, if it fails you will lose oil pressure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
BleedDodge's Avatar
BleedDodge BleedDodge is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to BleedDodge
Re: where is the oil sensor/switch

This guy said in his other post that he could hear ticking when the oil pressure gauge dropped, so I think the guage isn't the problem.

Anyways, when you pull the pan to replace the pump like you say you're going to, have a look at the crank. My mains had turned blue from heat. The motor still ran, but it was all done. Oil was full of fines from the bearings.

I heard my lifters plain as day when I had the truck running in the driveway the day after, with the pressure gauge sitting at zero, and I knew it was all over.
__________________
My Mopars
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts