-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A
Register FAQ Community
Car Buying Q&A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-28-2006, 09:06 PM
cbell77 cbell77 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Need help finding a new car

So I have not posted in a long time but its time to get a new car. I am selling my mustang its become a money pit. But on to other things I am 19 now and have got over that whole need to have the fstest car thing and all. What I realy need is a nice reliable car sporty yet refined. I need space to tot friends around ans stuff so a sedan would be nice. But I still want to be able to challenge the backroads every now in then I love autocross and any long curvey roads. My price range is under 15,000 I like lower though. So far I have ben looking at a couple local toyota corola typeS's for sale. Also eyed a couple neons but not realy digging them. So I would say I am leaning toward a toyota. So what do you guys thing would be a good sporty sedan under 15 grand?
__________________
1966 mustang for sale asking $7900 call 757-766-3702
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-28-2006, 09:59 PM
JustJCarr73's Avatar
JustJCarr73 JustJCarr73 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 68
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to JustJCarr73
Re: Need help finding a new car

Are you looking for new or used... and how much are you asking for your mustang?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-29-2006, 10:18 AM
cbell77 cbell77 is offline
AF Regular
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 167
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need help finding a new car

Used car would be fine dont need anything new. For my mustang I dont know how much I am asking yet because I have to fix a few problems on it. I just got through droping a new tranny on it because the old one blew out. Still have to do new wires and lugs the contacts are all burnt out and starting to arc. And an I need to find a new rim I bent the old one by accident. Oh and also to get my buddy to weld this small exhaust leak in the collector. But after that hoping to get what I put into it around 7500-8000.
__________________
1966 mustang for sale asking $7900 call 757-766-3702
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-29-2006, 02:28 PM
KYcarguy KYcarguy is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Need help finding a new car

Look for an early 2000 VW Passat. They should have a 1.8T, which will get you around pretty quick. Really reliable cars. Look fairly sporty, but have plenty of room for gear and friends. If you want something a little smaller/sportier...try for a Jetta. Same great engine, same great handling, a little less room, but maybe a little more sporty? Both you should be able to find ones that have several good years left on them for your budget.
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Car Buying Q&A


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts