-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-28-2006, 11:40 PM
ViperJ's Avatar
ViperJ ViperJ is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 832
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to ViperJ
Mounting Radar Detector

Okay here is a problem that I keep running into. I have a beltronics radar detector that I switch back and for between my 2 car, both of them have their own windshield mount but the one on my trans am the suction cups always turn flat and then they don't work. I order a new pair but its the same problem there is no curve to the suction cup. The Malibu is fine it is still on the orginal cups with no problems at all. Any ideas from those of you who might have this exact same problem? I am thinking that its probably because the windshield is at such an angle they wear out? My buddy has a camaro and this is not a problem for him, it wasn't a problem in my old camaro either?
__________________
White 07 STI, Bone stock for now
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-28-2006, 11:59 PM
cuda_dude cuda_dude is offline
Will Whore For Car Parts
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,922
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude
Re: Mounting Radar Detector

bad luck... something on the windshield... bad cups... dunno
__________________

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-29-2006, 12:18 AM
ViperJ's Avatar
ViperJ ViperJ is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 832
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to ViperJ
Re: Mounting Radar Detector

Thats what I though but the windssheild is clean and the cups and mount are brand new, well a month old but I put MAYBE 200 miles on it.
__________________
White 07 STI, Bone stock for now
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-29-2006, 01:04 AM
stone_mound_camaro's Avatar
stone_mound_camaro stone_mound_camaro is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,579
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Mounting Radar Detector

wet the cups.....or put some not-very-strong glue on the cups
__________________

car audio guru...
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts