-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain
Register FAQ Community
Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain Discuss Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-05-2006, 11:50 PM
ez1286's Avatar
ez1286 ez1286 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ez1286
Update on my car.

Hey guys, I've been gone for a while. I've been really busy with my car, job, school and new girlfriend. Anywho, I just wanted to let you guys know whats up with the beast in my garage. I have the stroker kit sitting in my garage and my block is out. I'm waiting on valve keepers and valve stem seals after i get those (slow boy sucks at shipping 2 1/2 weeks!) I'll take myshit toa machine shop. The are going to put the valves in and i think i'm just goint to have them assemble the bottom end depending on how much they want to do it. I found a turbo i'll probably buy it's a 60-1 good to 550whp (my goal is 500whp) its only $600 at a local shop. I'll keep you guys posted as I make progress.
__________________
95 GSX:FMIC, 6-bolt, evo 3 16g, 2600 act clutch, 1g bov (crushed), and a 3" turbo back exhaust, dsmlink, dks 272 cams, wideband 02, Coming soon 2.3L Stroker, 1mm oversized valves, crower sprigs. 91 TSI AWD auto, gm 3.5 maf, maft, fmic, emanage, profec e-01, 3" turbo bk exhaust +more little stuff.
http://www.ratemydsm.com/member/ez1286/?member=ez1286
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Killa's Avatar
Killa Killa is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez1286
Hey guys, I've been gone for a while. I've been really busy with my car, job, school and new girlfriend. Anywho, I just wanted to let you guys know whats up with the beast in my garage. I have the stroker kit sitting in my garage and my block is out. I'm waiting on valve keepers and valve stem seals after i get those (slow boy sucks at shipping 2 1/2 weeks!) I'll take myshit toa machine shop. The are going to put the valves in and i think i'm just goint to have them assemble the bottom end depending on how much they want to do it. I found a turbo i'll probably buy it's a 60-1 good to 550whp (my goal is 500whp) its only $600 at a local shop. I'll keep you guys posted as I make progress.
good luck.
__________________
GM FOR LIFE !!
NEW 1997 Camaro z28 6 speed
illa never going back to import , but killa alway be nice to any DSM he saw
looking for 2002 Trans Am LSX
UPGRATE 2010 !! 97 Camaro Z28
95 camaro lt1
1992 Pontiac Firebird v6 auto -sold -
Pony 1998 Mustang GT 4.6L Manual. Black
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo manual R.I.P
1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Manual gray -Sold
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS Auto White - Sold
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 PM
steviek's Avatar
steviek steviek is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,868
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Slowboy is slow at shipping, hmm its almost like they are trying to tell us something in their name lol.
__________________
FP 18g turbo e3 o2 & mani, 3" exhaust, , 7 bolt, wiseco/eagle, walbro 255hp re-wired, Aeromotive FPR, FIC 1150cc, injen intake, greddy RS, aem wideband, turbo xs mbc, act 2600 clutch sprung 6 puck, BC 272's, dsmlink v2.5, ETS FMIC, Devils Own, JMF SMIM.
18 Inch chrome rims
In closet AEM Fuel Rail, SS Lines,
1997 TSI AWD
Diamonds Are 4Ever
12.7 @ 107
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j2...y/DSC00461.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:03 AM
ez1286's Avatar
ez1286 ez1286 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ez1286
Re: Update on my car.

Yeah i think that was the last time i'll order from them they aen't very well priced either. Oh well. I'm really excited about getting mycar done though, I'm thinking it will be running in ~2 weeks depending on how long they take at the machine shop.
__________________
95 GSX:FMIC, 6-bolt, evo 3 16g, 2600 act clutch, 1g bov (crushed), and a 3" turbo back exhaust, dsmlink, dks 272 cams, wideband 02, Coming soon 2.3L Stroker, 1mm oversized valves, crower sprigs. 91 TSI AWD auto, gm 3.5 maf, maft, fmic, emanage, profec e-01, 3" turbo bk exhaust +more little stuff.
http://www.ratemydsm.com/member/ez1286/?member=ez1286
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:06 AM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Update on my car.

holy hell ez, I thought you died or something...
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:28 AM
clipsekid99's Avatar
clipsekid99 clipsekid99 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to clipsekid99 Send a message via MSN to clipsekid99
Re: Update on my car.

Whoa, good to hear from you man. Good luck with everything!
__________________

2006 Wicked White Evo IX GSR
323 awhp / 311 tq. (Dynojet)
http://www.projectevoix.com
http://www.4WStuning.com
99 RS < 98 GSX < 06 EVO
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Thor06's Avatar
Thor06 Thor06 is offline
Jizzed In My Pants
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,549
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Update on my car.

Yeah, bastard. Too good for us eh?

Good to hear you are almost running. I have ordered stuff from SBR twice, both were good experiences. The valve seals/valves were shipped the day after I bought them and the head gasket only took like a week to get here. I have heard bad shit about them too though. My buddy Matt has ordered from them like 40 times, he says their shipping dept sucks nuts. When he fried his first tranny in the WRX, he got a new clutch from them. Well, the new tranny (not from them) had a 3 month warranty and he waited 2 months for the clutch from SBR. When he got it, he put it back together and started driving it. Well, he drove it for about a month and the second tranny blew and he missed the warranty by 3 days. If SBR had been on top of their shit, it would have gone while it was still under warranty and he wouldnt have to just eat the cost of a new tranny.
__________________



Build on hold until I get a good paying job, either in school or once I get out. At that time a full tear down and complete rebuild should be in order.

The Purple People Eater will ride again... January 2011 can't come soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2006, 05:04 AM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Yeah, slowboy has a lot but they really have always sucked on the shipping when I've ordered something. Check out extremepsi.com... I ordered the shit for my motor yesterday and its supposed to be here tomorrow. They're like the fastest and I love them for that. lol
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2006, 11:03 AM
clipsekid99's Avatar
clipsekid99 clipsekid99 is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,476
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to clipsekid99 Send a message via MSN to clipsekid99
Re: Update on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcrow64
Yeah, slowboy has a lot but they really have always sucked on the shipping when I've ordered something. Check out extremepsi.com... I ordered the shit for my motor yesterday and its supposed to be here tomorrow. They're like the fastest and I love them for that. lol
Word. I vote extremepsi.com best online vendor!
__________________

2006 Wicked White Evo IX GSR
323 awhp / 311 tq. (Dynojet)
http://www.projectevoix.com
http://www.4WStuning.com
99 RS < 98 GSX < 06 EVO
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
LouieAWDTSi's Avatar
LouieAWDTSi LouieAWDTSi is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 572
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Yea i love extremepsi.com, I ordered from them numerous times. Always came within a day. Im in NJ and their in PA, so it usually will come next day. They defiantly are sweet with shipping. I ordered stuff from slowboy before and it took like 2 weeks. Sucked!
__________________
--the Cruiser-->97 Spyder GST 5sp ---3 inch exhaust, boost/vac gauge, mbc, greddy turbo timer, greddy fmic, greddy type S BOV, 17in wheels

--the DD-->99 ACURA 3.2 TL

--Sold 92TSi AWD, 6-bolt, auto, evo 3 gt turbo with supporting mods
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Killa's Avatar
Killa Killa is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,431
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Me too, but I they should update all the gauge pix on their site, I order boost gauge ( the one with yellow vacum # ), they send me new version of the boost gauge, the one with all black # . Refund my money the next day.
__________________
GM FOR LIFE !!
NEW 1997 Camaro z28 6 speed
illa never going back to import , but killa alway be nice to any DSM he saw
looking for 2002 Trans Am LSX
UPGRATE 2010 !! 97 Camaro Z28
95 camaro lt1
1992 Pontiac Firebird v6 auto -sold -
Pony 1998 Mustang GT 4.6L Manual. Black
1995 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Turbo manual R.I.P
1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse Manual gray -Sold
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS Auto White - Sold
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-11-2006, 04:56 PM
ez1286's Avatar
ez1286 ez1286 is offline
AF Enthusiast
Thread starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to ez1286
Re: Update on my car.

Hey guys, i just dropped my parts off at the machine shop. Quick question, I'm ordering belts, should i get 1g belt or 2g belts? I have a 6bolt block but 7 bolt alternator and ps pump. Any ideas?
__________________
95 GSX:FMIC, 6-bolt, evo 3 16g, 2600 act clutch, 1g bov (crushed), and a 3" turbo back exhaust, dsmlink, dks 272 cams, wideband 02, Coming soon 2.3L Stroker, 1mm oversized valves, crower sprigs. 91 TSI AWD auto, gm 3.5 maf, maft, fmic, emanage, profec e-01, 3" turbo bk exhaust +more little stuff.
http://www.ratemydsm.com/member/ez1286/?member=ez1286
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez1286
Hey guys, i just dropped my parts off at the machine shop. Quick question, I'm ordering belts, should i get 1g belt or 2g belts? I have a 6bolt block but 7 bolt alternator and ps pump. Any ideas?
7 bolt belts... The 6 bolts used a v belt style IIRC, whereas the 7 bolt belts use another style.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-11-2006, 06:56 PM
blk_srt's Avatar
blk_srt blk_srt is offline
AF Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,318
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via AIM to blk_srt Send a message via MSN to blk_srt
Re: Update on my car.

Both are v-belts.
__________________

2004 Flame Red SRT-4
|Audiobahn 1200Q|Rockford 602s|Jensen flip out dvd|
Mods:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Blackcrow64's Avatar
Blackcrow64 Blackcrow64 is offline
AF Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 9,621
Thanks: 52
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Re: Update on my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr_ricer
Both are v-belts.
Oh? I was told otherwise on that. My bad then.
__________________
-Brian
  • 92 Firebird sold
  • 97 Talon TSI AWD sold
  • 05 Cobalt LS sold
  • 02 Tahoe LT sold
  • 06 Cadillac STS4 AWD sold
  • 03 Corvette Z06 sold
  • 14 Silverado 1500
  • 26 Equinox RS
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts