-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-16-2006, 07:06 PM
deltableh deltableh is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 872
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Send a message via ICQ to deltableh Send a message via AIM to deltableh Send a message via MSN to deltableh Send a message via Yahoo to deltableh Send a message via Skype™ to deltableh
SMS Super Detail kit for BMW/Williams F1

My dad bought my the BMW Williams F1 kit the other day, and I just found out that Scale Motorsport makes a super detail kit for it. I figured out the pricing, and if you were to buy the CF decals themselves, it would cost $20, and the PE parts would cost another $25, making it $45 total. That means it's $21 for the turned metal parts. Has anybody used this kit, and what did you guys think? Was it worth the money?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Decs0105's Avatar
Decs0105 Decs0105 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,410
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: SMS Super Detail kit for BMW/Williams F1

I bought this SD kit a while ago but haven't used it yet. I think Robrex uses the SD kit on his FW-24 so you might check out his progress thread in the Motorsports section!

here are some pics:




Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-18-2006, 06:39 PM
willimo willimo is offline
Sweet, sweet tiny Hondas.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,723
Thanks: 50
Thanked 89 Times in 65 Posts
Re: SMS Super Detail kit for BMW/Williams F1

I've not built the car, but I too have the SD set. It's amazing. I think $21 for the turned metal bits is fair, considering their number and the going rate for turned bits. I fortunately got mine when they were on sale - for something like $60, but after receiving it, I decided I would have paid more had I known what was inside.
__________________
It ain't cool 'till your wife hates it.
Imagine a world without Alabama

Recent builds: Rocket Bunny FR-S and stock BRZ Toyota bB Bro-style Civic K20 powered SiR converted EK WIP I build slowly and poorly.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-18-2006, 11:14 PM
mikemechanic's Avatar
mikemechanic mikemechanic is offline
AF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,071
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: SMS Super Detail kit for BMW/Williams F1

It is still $66.00 on SMS's site, but I am from Canada and dont want to pay the $30.00 shipping for it. Maybe if the Canadian mail-order companies would offer it for the $66.00 price I would be interested.
__________________

Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:13 PM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts