-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Kiako_09 Kiako_09 is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question '99 Bad starting

Alright, I'm clueless here. I bought this '99 2.2L automatic sunfire from an auction for what I thought was a steal. Turns out the car doesn't start properly... When I try to start the car, it just turns over (it tries to start and you can hear it really giving an effort) but it will start if I step on the gas. When I finally do get it running, it runs absolutly fine, idles perfect... I've had the car diagnosed and everything showed normal. I've had a compression test done, and again everything was normal. I've replaced a few sensors like fuel injector sensor and I've replaced the starter and it still does the same thing. The mechanic I use refers to my car as the "car from hell"... If anyone has any suggestions on what the problem could be PLS post a reply or e-mail me @ [email protected] THANKS!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2006, 03:36 PM
|WYG|SS |WYG|SS is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 467
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: '99 Bad starting

check the ignition or ignition coil that could be bad
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Kiako_09 Kiako_09 is offline
AF Newbie
Thread starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: '99 Bad starting

Although it my car shows the symptoms of a bad ignition coil, would it make any difference how much extra gas it needs to start?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-09-2006, 06:44 AM
|WYG|SS |WYG|SS is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 467
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: '99 Bad starting

not sure i just made a guess. thats the poblem if it starts then runs fine its hard to know what might be wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-09-2006, 12:19 AM
RTowner RTowner is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: '99 Bad starting

Does it make any difference as to the position of the steering column....eg.full up position or lowered position??
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts