-
Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Durango
Register FAQ Community
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-31-2006, 02:37 AM
2nyce 2nyce is offline
AF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
coolant

what coolant should i use for a 2000 durango (antifreeze) and what oil brand is best for these vechicles
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-01-2006, 08:31 AM
DurangoDave DurangoDave is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: coolant

Ethylene glycol and high detergent 10w-30.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-01-2006, 05:55 PM
rimfire,22 rimfire,22 is offline
AF Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 261
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: coolant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nyce
what coolant should i use for a 2000 durango (antifreeze) and what oil brand is best for these vechicles

2nyce,

I don't think it matters as far as brand goes for your coolant. All are compatable I think. Personally when mines done I'm gonna ask for "long term" coolant instead of the standard.

For yoyr oil usage I'd begin to start using religiously synthetic oil of a 5W-30 weight variety. I personally use Mobil 1. That should help keep the "sludge" problem down to a minimum.

Good luck,

rimfire,22
Reply With Quote
 
Reply

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums Car Chat > Dodge > Durango


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Community Participation Guidelines | How to use your User Control Panel

Powered by: vBulletin | Copyright Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 
 
no new posts